Out Of Character

Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

Post by ratikranger » Fri May 23, 2014 2:19 pm

Re: Out Of Character

Just checking if I have the story correct: We're already by ourselves, looking for the outriders or whatever they looted? We're not with the main company anymore? That's how I read the background you posted, but I want to make sure.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri May 23, 2014 2:22 pm

You're still in the Grey Hart's main encampment.

You will be setting off overland shortly (as soon as we have a company of eight PCs ready to go).

The campfire scene is just a place to get to know one another while we wait for everyone to arrive; then we can get under way properly.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by ratikranger » Fri May 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Thanks for clarifying. :mrgreen:

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat May 24, 2014 2:35 am

Fantastic miniature Aspiringlich! Did you paint it?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat May 24, 2014 3:14 am

Great work people, we now have seven PCs posted.

Now we're just waiting on either tonneau or empireofone to complete the eight.

In the meanwhile I will quickly review your sheets. Don't mind me if I edit your formatting a bit; it will help me find information quickly during play if all the PC sheets are laid out the same.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat May 24, 2014 3:30 am

A note on in game posts:

The first person "I" and second person "him" are ambiguous (because with eight or nine authors all using I and he, nobody will know who they refer to). These should be avoided.

Everything will be clear to everyone if all posts are IN THIRD PERSON.

You should explicitly name your PC in each post, and you should be explicit about who your PC is interacting with, or what gear he doing something with.

A couple of examples:

Player: I pick it up. We don't know who I or what it refer to.

Player: Jimmy picks up the spear. Good, we know exactly what is going on.

---

Player: "I don't believe you," says Jimmy. Okay, we know it's Jimmy talking, but we don't know who he is addressing.

Player: "I don't believe you," Jimmy says to the watchman. Better! Now it's clear exactly who is talking to who.

---

Player: I attack. This isn't much help: who does I refer to? Who is I attacking? What is I attacking with?

Player: Jimmy attacks the nearest zombie with his silvered dagger. This is much better; it tells everyone exactly what's happening.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat May 24, 2014 3:56 am

DuBeers, I noticed you've listed five additional languages (seven total including common and lawful), but you should have a total of five.

FWIW; you don't have to choose them all up front (but you still can if you like). You can fill them in as play goes on if you like--this will help you choose languages that are "useful" in the setting/game.

Post by aspiringlich » Sat May 24, 2014 5:26 am

waysoftheearth wrote:Fantastic miniature Aspiringlich! Did you paint it?
No, I wish. I grabbed that photo from the Otherworld website. I have that mini but haven't yet tried to paint it. I'll never get it to look anywhere near that good.

Post by DuBeers » Sat May 24, 2014 5:37 am

waysoftheearth wrote:DuBeers, I noticed you've listed five additional languages (seven total including common and lawful), but you should have a total of five.

FWIW; you don't have to choose them all up front (but you still can if you like). You can fill them in as play goes on if you like--this will help you choose languages that are "useful" in the setting/game.
Fixed. I left one slot as TBD (to be decided).

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat May 24, 2014 5:40 am

waysoftheearth wrote:In the meanwhile I will quickly review your PC sheets
Okay, I've been over them all and fixed a few things, mainly to do with loads carried.

The good news is; everyone is moving either 9" or 12".

Return to “Delving Deeper V3 Demo 2014”