[00] Predawn


Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 78

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post Sun May 25, 2014 12:41 pm

Re: [00] Predawn

With a long look on his face, Biratlan the Fighter pushes away his breakfast plate and stands. Shouldering his pack he says, I guess the sooner we get started, the sooner we can put this damned fool business behind us and I can get back to drinking. (he waits for the rest of the group to form up with a profound lack of enthusiasm on his face)

Posts: 60

Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 am

Post Sun May 25, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: [00] Predawn

Wait, Wait!! shouts a voice at the assembled group. A very large man comes running towards everyone.

I just got... he says before he trips over something. The big man picks himself up and continues as though nothing happens.

I just got word I am to accompany the search party, Magnus Vastus at your service.
User avatar

Posts: 40

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Post Sun May 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Re: [00] Predawn

Arcus sheathes his sword, shoulders his backpack, grabs his shield and spear, and stands at the ready.
User avatar

Posts: 106

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post Sun May 25, 2014 4:44 pm

Re: [00] Predawn

Vergas shoulders his backpack and takes a last look around. "Alright, we're up. Fall in people! And stash those pots tight, no clanging them around this time!" Vergas starts trudging off, obviously assuming everybody is ready to go. "Potts, come up here on the double! Let's talk about your scouting..."

Posts: 50

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 9:47 am

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post Sun May 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: [00] Predawn

| Piotr as I see him, pretty much just hovers at the muddle if the group, providing light for the main pack, as opposed to search parties and scouting groups. His other main roll is to setup and clean down Potts's campfires and cooking pots, pans etc. The "dagger" was paid for so I guess it depends if that counts as a loyalt gift or not. If not I'm happy for it to be just a large cooking knife. |

With everything packed up and tucked away neatly, and a full stomach to boot, Potts turns to Piotr and says "You want to join me on this little romp Piotr? There might even be a wee bonus in it if ya do, and I could sure use your help as always?"
User avatar

Posts: 106

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post Sun May 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: [00] Predawn

When Potts the Gourmand approaches, Vergas says "I am not sure what your prior experience with this is Brother Potts, but there may be situations in which you could do us a great service by carefully scouting ahead, checking out a strange site quietly and then reporting back so the rest of us can plan our approach with more confidence. Would you like to take any particular precautions for those situations?"
User avatar

Posts: 16245

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon May 26, 2014 12:51 am

Re: [00] Predawn

| The referee rolls for today's weather 2d6=10 which indicates there will be light rain throughout the day. |

The grey sky is tinged orange in the east with the coming dawn; you'd be squinting into the sun light for the early part of the morning if it were not so overcast. The blotchy clouds promise to add water to the already wet ground.

| You're expecting a two day march to reach the search site; I'll need a marching order before we set off. Please provide a list of names; front to back. I'll assume about 1" (10 yards) between PCs on the road.

You can send one (or several) PCs ranging ahead of the column if you want to; they won't prevent the whole column from making 9" per day. You can specify how far ahead these should get; remembering that encounter distance is 10-60 yards if surprised, or 20-120 yards if not surprised. |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 106

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post Mon May 26, 2014 2:47 am

Re: [00] Predawn

Waving everybody to gather, Vergas addresses the group: "Alright, gather 'round Brothers! Arcus and Magnus, first rank. If someone comes at us, you and your shields are our first line of defense. Potts and Tumbly, second rank. If we encounter hostiles, you'll use your slings or whatever halfling tactics you're comfortable with. Piotr and Sullivus, third rank. We have capable warriors in front and behind you, we'll try to shield you in case of fighting; Piotr you just get down, but if we're in the dark don't drop the light source unless we tell you; Sullivus, be ready with your magic if the situation calls for it. Biratlan and myself will bring up the rear. We'll check behind us regularly to make sure nobody is creeping up, and if there's an ambush we'll help protect Piotr and Sullivus. I am sure we'll come up with better plans later but let's stick with this for now. Everybody clear?"

| FRONT

Arcus --- Magnus
Tumbly --- Potts
Piotr --- Sullivus
Vergas -- Biratlan

BACK |
User avatar

Posts: 78

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post Mon May 26, 2014 3:02 am

Re: [00] Predawn

Biratlan takes his place in the back rank. He fidgets, running his thumb along the edge of his handaxe and whistling "Dance With Jack o' the Shadows" as he waits for the rest to enter formation.
User avatar

Posts: 16245

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon May 26, 2014 5:58 am

Re: [00] Predawn

| Everybody over to thread [02] please... |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2014

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software