[00] Predawn


Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu May 22, 2014 2:48 am

[00] Predawn

| Here's a place for our new PCs to interact in character while the wait for the group to assemble...

A very good opening post would be a one or two line description of your PC's appearance. Is he tall or short? strong or weak? young or old? armored? hunchbacked? A woman? A dwarf? ;) |


It is the still before dawn.

The Grey Hart's campfires have burned down to their embers, and the whole of the camp yet sleeps.

Members of our stalwart band begin to assemble around the lone campfire, preparing to set off shortly. They rub their hands against the cold as they grimly check that packs are packed, belts are buckled tight, and gear is safely stowed...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 106

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post Thu May 22, 2014 5:17 am

Re: [00] Predawn

Vergas (human cleric, shaved head, dark-brown beard) is finishing his morning prayers early, standing close to the fire, holy book in hand, his head lowered, his eyes closed. He is quietly mumbling the usual eerie sing song that's been getting on most of your nerves for weeks now. He is, however, fully decked out, his backpack next to him, ready to go.
Last edited by ratikranger on Fri May 23, 2014 6:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar

Posts: 40

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Post Thu May 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: [00] Predawn

Arcus (human fighter, 6' tall, 200 lbs, dark hair, broken front tooth), sitting by the fire, throws the remainder of his apple aside and begins sharpening his sword.
User avatar

Posts: 1149

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Fri May 23, 2014 1:30 am

Re: [00] Predawn

Sullivus (mage, almost six feet tall, sturdy, nondescript looks) mumbles to himself as he pulls his cloak tighter, shifting from one foot to the other.

"Gods, the cold. I'd as soon be off and let the walk warm my bones. Where are the others?"
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+lantern, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 16299

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 23, 2014 2:07 am

Re: [00] Predawn

A surly merc still wrapped in a blanket drags himself listlessly into the small circle of the camp fire.

"Yer up early," mutters Tyson; a serial thug about the camp with a huge, stubbly jaw and hunched shoulders. He snorts derisively as he identifies those present and cottons on, "How's about a game of dice before ya go, eh? I'd hate ta think you mugs would go orf and die with full purses!" he hacks a mean laugh as he sits himself down on a log opposite the fire.

"How' about it, eh?" he jingles a fat purse in his grubby paw...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1149

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Fri May 23, 2014 2:20 am

Re: [00] Predawn

"I'll have a go," replies Sullivus. "A hot hand could spread to the rest of my body. Name your game."
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+lantern, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 78

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post Fri May 23, 2014 3:08 am

Re: [00] Predawn

Biratlan stumbles from his tent, yawning and scratching, then sits by the fire. His blank stare suggest he is not fully awake.
User avatar

Posts: 46

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Post Fri May 23, 2014 3:33 am

Re: [00] Predawn

Tumbly quietly approaches the fire, carrying a mighty plate of breakfast. "Mornin' lads"
User avatar

Posts: 40

Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Post Fri May 23, 2014 4:34 am

Re: [00] Predawn

Arcus runs his fingertip along the sharpened blade of his sword, drawing a bit of blood.

"It's a fine day to die," he says.
User avatar

Posts: 343

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:32 am

Post Fri May 23, 2014 6:03 am

Re: [00] Predawn

"Perhaps", says a newcomer to the smoky fire, his arrival heralded by a waft of foul air, "you could use my dice".

He squats before the flames, a shambling mound of matted furs, leather straps and what appears to be smearings of animal dung that conceals the entirity of his flesh but cannot keep in check a fetid body odour that oozes from holes when he moves. Rumour around the camp is that this stinking mass is Urtzil the Fetid, shaman of the northern tribes. Some say he likes to eat the raw brains of little children on moon-days. Others, that he lies with goats whenever he gets the chance.

He scatters a handful of crude die on the ground marked with odd glyphs, including at least one skull, a hand, and several phalli, and hisses when the die come up in a mismatch of symbols.
Pulling a bent stick from his 'robes' - upon which is impailed a mummified cat - he waves this at the die, one of which flips to a different symbol, and is rewarded by a grunt from the deep recesses of fur.
He spits on the die then, and stirs the lot together with a handful of ash fromt he fire.

"So?" he croaks, "any takers?"
[f=4]Lemmi the Mender (MV 12", AC 7/7, HD 1, hp 5/5, FC Man, N) leather, sword+dagger[/f]
[f=4]Statue of Zax the Gnome Fighter (MV 5", AC 2/4, HD 1+2, hp --/6, FC Man+1, N) plate+sh+helm, pickax[/f]
Next

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2014

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software