[00] Predawn


Waysoftheearth's V3 Demo Game

User avatar

Posts: 106

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post Fri May 23, 2014 6:20 am

Re: [00] Predawn

Vergas raises his head slightly and without opening his eyes recites the following (somewhat louder than his earlier prayers): "For see, those tempted by quick winnings in games of chance are to lose not only their own coin but eventually their family's good name and any standing before the Lady of Law." After about 5 seconds of silence he lowers his head again and returns to his own prayers for the day to come.
Last edited by ratikranger on Fri May 23, 2014 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Posts: 16256

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 23, 2014 6:26 am

Re: [00] Predawn

At Urtzil's unsavory appearance Tyson quickly snatches his purse back and grimaces.

"Keep yer snake-charmed dice, leper!" he breathes, and puts a hand over his mouth and nose as he backs off to inhale. "And keep yer game, I ain't interested no more!"

With that he grunts, and trudges off into the dark of the camp...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 106

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post Fri May 23, 2014 6:58 am

Re: [00] Predawn

Having finished his prayers with a loud "Amen!" Vergas opens his eyes, slowly closes his holy book and takes a look around. When his eyes fall on Urtzil he fixates him, lifts the cross he wears around his neck and kisses it while saying something under his breath. Then he finally tucks the book into his backpack and sits down next to Tumbly, on whatever side is further away from Urtzil. "May the Lady always provide you with hearty sustenance Brother Tumbly." (Sorry, retconning my confusion between Tumbly and Potts.)
Last edited by ratikranger on Fri May 23, 2014 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

Posts: 78

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post Fri May 23, 2014 7:11 am

Re: [00] Predawn

A monosyllabic grunt is Biratlan's response to the banter. It is unclear to whom it is directed. With a heavy sigh, as if it's the most difficult task he's ever attempted, the Fighting-Man pulls a piece of jerky from his belt pouch. He nibbles at it without relish.

Posts: 50

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 9:47 am

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post Fri May 23, 2014 8:57 am

Re: [00] Predawn

The calm of the dawn is broken by the awakening of one of the camps cooks and the clanging of pots and pans as Potts begins his morning preparations.

With a wide gap toothed grin, he turns to his surly companions and asks "So lads....who wants a hot breakfast?"
User avatar

Posts: 106

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

Post Fri May 23, 2014 9:44 am

Re: [00] Predawn

Vergas looks up and waves to Potts. "Ah, Brother Potts! May the Lady smile on you. I hope you see fit to continue my cooking lessons this fine morning?" (Part of my retcon, sorry.)

Posts: 50

Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 9:47 am

Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post Fri May 23, 2014 10:16 am

Re: [00] Predawn

"Good morning to you brother Vargas! I always welcome your company at my cook fire!" Piotr May be a good assistant and all, but he's never been one for conversation if you get my drift". Potts pats Piotr's lower back as he says this, and the giant simpleton grins sheepishly.
User avatar

Posts: 78

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:52 am

Post Fri May 23, 2014 12:52 pm

Re: [00] Predawn

Aye, Brother Potts. I'll be having some breakfast and may the hair on your feet never fall out. Biratlan looks slightly less weary at the prospect of a hot meal.
User avatar

Posts: 16256

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri May 23, 2014 1:19 pm

Re: [00] Predawn

| Pots has a hireling in his employ: Piotr the dogsbody!

The referee would normally roll hireling loyalty in secret, but seeing as this is a demo game I will roll Piotr's loyalty openly.

Firstly, a regular reaction check is made to see how Piotr is reacting to Pots' personality: 2d6=5, unmodified by Pots' charisma of 13.

Table 2.7 indicates a "negative" reaction. It seems Piotr is a bit frustrated by Pots, which translates into a -1 loyalty adjustment. Now the all important loyalty check is made: 3d6=12 -1 due to Piotr's negative reaction, but +1 due to Pots' 13 charisma.

The end result is that Piotr has 12 loyalty which, according to table 2.1, won't adjust his morale either way. |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1140

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Fri May 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Re: [00] Predawn

Sullivus merely smiles at the reaction to Urtzil's appearance.

Perhaps we'll save the dice for another time, so as not to upset the fragile constitution of some. Breakfast is, as they say, the most important meal of the day.

Turning to the larger group, he loudly declares, Eat up, chums! I've a mind to go forth into the wild before my joints freeze in place.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+lantern, The Mellifluent Concord
PreviousNext

Return to Delving Deeper Demo Game 2014

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software