11 - Return to Baymoor

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by merias » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: 11 - Return to Baymoor

| Alrik's charsheet was updated already, I just had to deduct the 110gp paid to Rik. Are the two scrolls Alrik has already (detect magic, hold person) the 2 scrolls mentioned in the loot list? |

Alrik would like to find a man-at-arms to accompany him on the next adventure.

Memorized Spells: Sleep, Fog Wall, Alter Self, Web
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by mgtremaine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:29 pm

Alrik finds there are many Human mercenaries available here in Baymoor. After speaking to several people he'll have to make a choice.

http://ddo.immersiveink.com/#hirelings

(Footman, Footman Armored, Footman Missile)
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:54 pm

okruse wrote:Phadian

"<to Shoul> Pleased to hear it, lets go see what armor will work well for you. It will be my treat."

Phadian takes Shoul down to the shops and see whether mail or leather armor will work well for him. Also I will suggest to him to carry a dagger in case he ever finds he needs to defend himself. I will pay for what he decides to get.
Shoul would try on various leather, mail and plate suits. Not being accustomed to hauling around that extra weight he decides the Leather Armor, Helm, Shield and Shortsword would be his choice of arms and armor.

"See I think I can carry the Lantern and Shield. And if I have to defend myself I can put the lantern down." He demonstrates the move several times. He seems quiet eager about it.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by merias » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:18 pm

mgtremaine wrote:Alrik finds there are many Human mercenaries available here in Baymoor. After speaking to several people he'll have to make a choice.

Alrik would like to hire an armored footman. He'll offer a 10gp hiring bonus to sweeten the pot, and also pay for the cost of a crossbow and accessories once he finds someone agreeable.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by mgtremaine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:50 pm

merias wrote:
mgtremaine wrote:Alrik finds there are many Human mercenaries available here in Baymoor. After speaking to several people he'll have to make a choice.

Alrik would like to hire an armored footman. He'll offer a 10gp hiring bonus to sweeten the pot, and also pay for the cost of a crossbow and accessories once he finds someone agreeable.

Alrik decides upon "Brint if Scorsby" and competent seeming fellow who has survived more then one outing.

Dice are thrown....
mgt's roll comes to 9 [4 4 on 2d6 + 1]
mgt's roll comes to 17 [5 6 5 on 3d6 +1]

Brint reacts favorably negotiating sharply which Alrik rewards with the 10GP signing bonus and crossbow. Brint seems very well disposed to his new boss."You can count on me, Wizard! Tell me when we depart and I'll be ready to go."
Add anything you want to his listing on your sheet.

Brint of Scorsby Mv: 9 HD 1+1 Hp: 6 Ac: 4 (Mail, Shield, Sword, Crossbow, 20 Bolts)

Post by merias » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:59 pm

mgtremaine wrote:
Add anything you want to his listing on your sheet.

Brint of Scorsby Mv: 9 HD 1+1 Hp: 6 Ac: 4 (Mail, Shield, Sword, Crossbow, 20 Bolts)
Done, 60gp deducted for supplies & arms.

Post by merias » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:07 pm

mgtremaine wrote:"You can count on me, Wizard! Tell me when we depart and I'll be ready to go."
"Welcome, welcome Brint! I reward loyalty. Stick close and ensure no harm befalls me and I promise it will be worth your while! We have not yet decided on our next venture, but I should say we will depart in the next few days, after we've had a chance to rest," Alrik says. For his part, Alrik will study his spellbooks and generally lay low. He will assist the others identifying any magical items if needed.

Post by okruse » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:15 am

Phadian

"Well selected Shoul, having a helmet is a good idea, I think I will get one as well to protect my noggin <rapping myself in the head with my knuckles>"

Phadian pays for the gear and thanks the merchants for their time and service. Also gets 5 more oils (assume we used most of our supply).

ooc - Adjusted character sheet including 1% for bank deposit fee.

Post by okruse » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:28 am

Phadian

To group "We should see what this horn is about, I think it is something that might aid us. I would offer to keep it in my safekeeping for when we need such aid."

If the group agrees he would confer with Alrik to see if he has ideas about the use of the horn. Also would see if there are any men in the keep with knowledge of relics of power that could be consulted.

"When force is need sound deeply this horn."
Horn from dragon hoard, with inscription above.

Post by mushgnome » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:56 am

Urist compliments the Armorer on the suit's craftsmanship and says he will come by tomorrow to pick it up. His old familiar chain mail will be more comfortable for a night out on the town. "Smell ya later!" he calls over his shoulder to Faeraidel, who is taking forever in the dressing room.

En route to the Queens Rest, Urist stops by the butcher's shop and buys a chain of sausages for Squishy. The bulldog drags the links along the ground as he waddles alongside his master. "You're in charge tonight, old pal. Don't let me do anything stupid."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”