11 - Return to Baymoor

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by mushgnome » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: 11 - Return to Baymoor

"Gold is the greatest reward," whistles Urist in awe as he realizes the full magnitude of the party's heist.

The dwarf is pleased with his newfound wealth and stakes no claim to the other items. He plans to call "dibs" on a future magic weapon, armor, or shield to-be-determined in the next adventure.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by okruse » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:03 pm

Phadian

ooc
Awaiting rest of group's answers regarding loot division.
Awaiting Shoul's answer if he will carry on with me
Once a free moment will check the armor and weapon shops for anything of especially good crafting that might enhance my ac or attack
Also I will get Silver Holy Symbol, another Mule (he will need hps roll), saddle bags, and 2 large sacks (we still have quite a lot of gold to retrieve)
Depending on Shoul's answer I will decide to hire an armored footman or not

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:08 pm

okruse wrote:Phadian

Looks at Shoul and smiles handing him a sack with 110 gp "Well earned, I would be glad to have you continue with us, but will understand if not. It is up to you. It is a dangerous path we choose to follow."
Shoul grins "You'll not be rid of me so easily Sir. Although I would not say no to some better equipment, my experiences with you so far have taught me ruined castles are scary places and I'd feel better with some armor on."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:21 pm

Arrangements are made with the sergeant of arms and those who wish to go to the vaults and lead down into the inner keep and through a series of corridors, stairs and guard posts. Eventually you pass several portcullis guard rooms and arrive at the counting room. Beyond is very sturdy iron door. The Vault Warden greets you and you get down to business. Each of you is given an appropriately sized iron box in which to deposit your coin and what not. All coins are double counted and entries made in a day ledger. A 1% fee is levied against the deposit and you receipt and key to the box is given to you. The boxes are then moved into the vault and the door secured.

"Your gold is safe now good sirs, return as you wish for withdrawals or more deposits." The vault warden is cheering have brought is some good income.

ooc: So on your characters sheet mark how much you have deposited but remember to take 1% off as the fee.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:30 pm

Shopping:

Baymoor is a tier 2 town so any book item is available except Warhorses, Destriers and Ships.

http://ddo.immersiveink.com/#equipment

You find many friendly shop keepers only to happy to sell you new goods.

Post by okruse » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:10 am

Phadian

"<to Shoul> Pleased to hear it, lets go see what armor will work well for you. It will be my treat."

Phadian takes Shoul down to the shops and see whether mail or leather armor will work well for him. Also I will suggest to him to carry a dagger in case he ever finds he needs to defend himself. I will pay for what he decides to get.

Post by merias » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:29 pm

merias wrote:
I see a ceramic bottle and two scrolls in the treasure list - if we did not figure out what those scrolls were or what is in the bottle, Alrik will try to find out.
Does "Evorshin's Tome of Enlightenment" have all 1st and 2nd level spells in it?
Alrik wouldn't be interested in the other treasure apart from those I mentioned. He will use some of his newfound gold to look for a man-at-arms.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by mushgnome » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:36 am

OOC: Are okruse's maths correct, that Urist's share works out to 1596gp? If so, then he would deposit 1515gp. Minus the 1% fee, this leaves him with 1500gp in the bank and 81gp left over. Plus the 25gp previously noted on his character sheet (DM correct me if that doesn't match your notes) he has 106gp in his pocket for shopping and carousing.

His next stop would be the armor shop for a suit of plate. Ideally, he'd get fitted today, put a 50gp deposit, and pay the 50gp balance when he picks it up on his last day in town (so he doesn't get his or anyone else's vomit on it tonight). If there is a surcharge to customize the armor to his stature, that seems reasonable to him.

At the general store, he replaces the hammer, stakes, and spikes he dumped to make room for gold, and purchases another large sack. (7gp misc gear)

This leaves Urist with 49gp drinkin' money. Where's the best place to spend it? he asks the strangers who stop to pet his dog. If there are any other Dwarfs in town, he tries to find out where they congregate.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by doctorx » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:15 pm

Faeraidel's immediate priorities are a hot bath, a good meal, some halfway-decent Man-brewed wine (assuming nothing Elvish is on offer) and then a soft bed. Once these needs are dealt with she will examine the possibilities of obtaining herself a suit of plate mail and a spare quiver of arrows.

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Both Faeraidel and Urist are able to find Plate that fits well. Urist is able to choose from several suits and enjoys talking to Armorer and getting everything just right. Faeraidel has to wait several hours as runners are sent around the keep trying to find such an item. In the end a elegant suit of Elven sized Plate is delivered and fitted.

Urist ends up at the Queens Rest a local Inn with a diverse crowd of visitors and locals. Most of the Dwarves who are living locally are currently working on the North tower, the years have caused it to sag and buttressing is well under way.

ooc: Update your sheets. I still have no idea who has the "Horn"

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”