11 - Return to Baymoor


Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

User avatar

Posts: 1602

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:46 pm

Re: 11 - Return to Baymoor

Rhegaer replies to Phadian, "And the contents of the ceramic bottle - don't forget that. Could be something useful to us in our return to the caves to claim the rest of our hoard."


OOC: Character sheet updated with coin amount deposited into the bank.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1461

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:26 pm

Re: 11 - Return to Baymoor

Summary First Day/Night:

The group visits the vault as noted and large amount of gold are deposited. Afterwards you split up and go in various directions.

After shopping Urist ends up in the Queens' Rest drinking, talking, singing (badly) and generally enjoying himself into the wee hours of the night.
After shopping Faeraidel finds good lodging and has a quiet evening.
After Shopping for Shoul Phadian tracks down Alrik and works on Identifying the Horn and Potions.
After finding a new hireling Alrik works with Phadian to identify the Horn and Poition.
Rhaegar passes the time in a quiet way with Arvenil murmuring at his side.


After several ours of studying the Horn Alrik determines that it is a Horn of Blasting.

A blast upon this great horn delivers 2-12 hit points of damage to all living things within a cone-shaped area of effect 10" long and up to 3" wide. Survivors are deafened for a turn and any buildings or fortifications suffer structural damage.

The Potion is a Potion of Heroism http://ddo.immersiveink.com/#potions

The scrolls eventually are identified as
#1 Anti-Cleric Scroll of 2 Spells Protection from Good, Curse
#2 Protection from Golems

The Jewelry from the Dragon's Horde is appraised as (which you may have forgotten about but is worth more then the gold you hauled out)
4 pieces of Jewelry (800gp x2, 5,000gp, 7,000gp)

So more accounting and dividing to do! Then let me know what you intend to do for the next few days.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 822

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:45 am

Re: 11 - Return to Baymoor

"Squishy, I had the strangest dream..."

Urist goes in search of a bath and barber (not too much off the beard). Once he is presentable, he'll return to the Vaults and make a 50gp withdrawal to pay his debt to the Armorer. Resplendent in his new suit of Plate, he'll wander off to the North Gate to admire the stonework of the Dwarves and make some new friends. Are there any Dwarves who look bored with the laborer lifestyle and might be interested in hiring on as armored footmen? Or perhaps even a retainer?
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling. 6 footmen, 5 x spear + 1 x torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 442

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:20 pm

Re: 11 - Return to Baymoor

Alrik will destroy the anti-cleric scrolls unless anyone can think of a better use for them. He'll hang onto the golem protection scroll, however.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:41 am

Re: 11 - Return to Baymoor

Phadian

"Agreed, be gone with that foul scroll. I think maybe the fighters should dice for who gets the Potion of Heroism. I would like to pick the Horn of Blasting, unless someone would like to dice for it. Maybe the jewelry we can bank as a party fund, as it does not divide evenly across the group. I am fine with Alrik carrying the scroll as he can cast it. There is still large piles of loot yet in the dungeon so after a few days rest let us return to clear out the rest of the bad folk and retrieve those spoils. I purchased another mule just for carrying all that treasure."
User avatar

Posts: 1461

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: 11 - Return to Baymoor

Note: Be sure to update your PC for new armor and Mules and knick-knacks. I have updated the PC-List where I look for the details.

Another day comes and goes, the group does various small things but just generally enjoys not being in constant danger.

Phadian find a another healtly mule to press into service.
mgt's roll comes to 8 [3 5 on 2d6]
mgt's roll comes to 13 [6 6 1 on 3d6]
Mule II: Has 8hp

Urist tries to find a friendly dwarf who might interested in some adventure....
mgt's roll comes to 3 [3 on 1d20]
mgt's roll comes to 3 [2 1 on 2d6]

Urist does indeed find Dwarven Warrior in one of the pubs, however negotiates turn sour pretty quickly. "Your beard is barely full, you might have a fist full of gold today but what of tomorrow. I'll consider your offer for another season in the meantime thanks for the drink."

Alrik destroys the Anti-Cleric scroll.

Otherwise the days are uneventful. Urist does pick up that a ship is bound for Cantril on the next Full Moon, which is 10days. Rhegaer hears that a group of Knights are going into the Forest of Ull 3 days from now in hopes of hunting Wild Boar.

What next?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 822

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:26 am

Re: 11 - Return to Baymoor

Urist is borderline offended at the notion he has anything to prove. He takes a deep breath, walks away, and returns to his friends. He shares with them the rumor about the ship.
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling. 6 footmen, 5 x spear + 1 x torch[/f]
Previous

Return to Edge of the Western Sea

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software