08 - Tor-Xonor: Sailing the Dark Waters

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by merias » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:12 pm

Re: 08 - Tor-Xonor: Sailing the Dark Waters

okruse wrote:Phadian

After the ceremony and words are complete and Phadian feels Faeraidel has made her peace with her sisters death. "It is time to decide our next action, let us gather again and discuss. I suggest that it is time to explore the upper ruins and root out the evil that might be there."
"Upper ruins, or return to the submerged caverns on our raft? I am in agreement with either course," Alrik says. In the meantime, he'll study his spellbooks [color spray, fog wall].
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by mushgnome » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Urist votes to level up (does this require a trip back to town, or can it be done at the campsite?) and then clear the upper levels.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:01 pm

ooc: I'm pretty lenient about level up, get a good night sleep outside of a dungeon and you are good. Both Urist and Phadian get a new HP roll and if it exceeds the current HP total you get the higher.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by doctorx » Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:47 pm

Faeraidel

Faeraidel kneels long by her sister's grave, head bowed, eyes closed, her lips moving as she softly sings a hauntingly beautiful elven lament for the dead.

At length, her song ended, she takes a few blades of grass from the grave, presses them to her lips, then scatters them to the wind.

Apparently satisfied, she stands.

"There are matters I must attend to here," she says, her practical tone in stark contrast to her red-rimmed, haunted eyes; "I must find the rest of the elven company dispatched to this accursed place; I must needs have words with their commander.

Once that is done, I would repay you for the service you have done my sister. You seek one responsible for the attacks upon the settlements of Men? So be it; my sword is yours if you will have it.

I only hope he is not to be found within Tor-Xonor,"
she adds with a barely perceptible shudder; "Achrim's shadow lies heavy upon this place, and it poisons the hearts of others. I would be gone from here with all the haste I may."

Her blue eyes glitter dangerously.

"I have business in Tethoril of the Trees."

Post by okruse » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Phadian

Phadian listens to Faeraidel, alternately looking sad, determined, scared, and then confused. "We are not certain by any means, but we intend to determine if Holgar is in this place. Are you saying you also wish to explore the rest of these ruins in search of your fellows?"

Post by doctorx » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:22 pm

Faeraidel

Faeraidel gives a curt nod.

"They lived when last I saw them. Their captain is named Hirindaal. It is to him I must speak, if I can find him again. Will you aid me in this? If you will, my sword will be yours against this 'Holgar.' What say you?"

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:23 am

Rhegaer nods, "I'm up for anything that gets me away from them dragon's bones..."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mushgnome » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:06 pm

"I'll be up for anything after a good night's sleep," yawns Urist.

((OOC: two PCs level up, new HP rolls, additional cleric spell... no brainer that's our top priority, right?))
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:52 pm

The party turns and leaves the grave and heads back to camp. Meals are cooked, watches are decided on, at that is left is a roll of the dice.... Unless anyone has any last minute orders???
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by doctorx » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:05 pm

Faeraidel

"Shadow-wraiths rise from the dragon's bones after dark. Powdered silver keeps them at bay. We had a camp nearby, if that would serve?"

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”