07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor: The Lower Caves

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by mgtremaine » Sun May 25, 2014 2:03 pm

07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor: The Lower Caves

By the time they are within 100ft of it they can see the ground before the cave is littered with refuse. Bones of animals and humanoids, foul pools of muck, discarded fabrics and hides, partially burnt logs, ashes and other things and abundant here. Whatever lives in the cave seems to care little for how or where it throws the trash.

The cave opening is 15 feet tall and at least 20 feet wide, rough hewn and running into hard granite. The stink of goblins fills the air, from your dealing in the Shadowmoor you know that smell.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Sun May 25, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: 07 - Exploring Tor-Xonor

Urist Stonechapel adjusts his helmet and hoists his shield high. His trusty war hammer swings effortlessly from his right hand. "Who will stand with me at the front line?"
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by okruse » Sun May 25, 2014 3:09 pm

Phadian

Phadian looks at the debris and takes a deep breath. <to Shoul> "Stay by me, keep the lantern shining where the fighters can best see their path and fight if necessary. We will be in the marching order in the next row behind the fighters."

Post by doctorx » Sun May 25, 2014 6:04 pm

mushgnome wrote:Urist Stonechapel adjusts his helmet and hoists his shield high. His trusty war hammer swings effortlessly from his right hand. "Who will stand with me at the front line?"
Hagwen

Hagwen sets an arrow to her bow-string.

"Me."

She steps forward to stand beside Urist.

Post by CursedDice » Mon May 26, 2014 12:25 am

doctorx wrote:
mushgnome wrote:Urist Stonechapel adjusts his helmet and hoists his shield high. His trusty war hammer swings effortlessly from his right hand. "Who will stand with me at the front line?"
Hagwen

Hagwen sets an arrow to her bow-string.

"Me."

She steps forward to stand beside Urist.
Coln

"I'll be in front too - I'd like to see what an Ogre's head looks like with a crossbow bolt in it..."
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by ehiker133 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:31 am

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer steps in line behind Hagwin so he can use his spear to attack from the second rank.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by CursedDice » Mon May 26, 2014 1:36 pm

OOC: When determining party order here, remember that the person in front is a dwarf and is short enough to be shot over for the most part... didn't realize that until now :D
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by mgtremaine » Mon May 26, 2014 2:37 pm

Urist bravely leads the group up to the threshold of the cave opening. The first thing you notice is the threshold is lined in silver? That is someone/something poured a trail of silver upon the earth and reaches from one side of the opening to the other in a thin arch. It is also un-trodden, which is odd considering the amount of foot prints and use the cave opening has. Clearly the goblins avoid stepping on the silver semi-circle.

The next thing you notice is that set on each side of the opening is a sconce like hanging stuffed with burnt herbs and plants. Between Alrik, Phadian, Coln and Hagwen they notice Angelica, Sage, Bay, Belladonna, Holly and some sort of WIllow Bark.

The group pauses on the threshold for a moment.....
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by okruse » Mon May 26, 2014 10:19 pm

Phadian

"My guess, the silver and herbs are either intended to keep something in, or keep something out. If there are goblin prints on both sides of the silver semi-circle I would wager it is not them. Anyways, let us step carefully over the line of silver. "

Post by mgtremaine » Tue May 27, 2014 3:52 pm

Making note of the silver the party continues forward, the cavern narrow a bit after 30 feet and Coln falls back behind Urist here he can still use his Crossbow.

Marching Order:
  Code:
Urist +++ Hagwen
Coln +++ Rhegaer
Phadian +++ Shoul
      Alrik
Another 50 feet and the light from outside has dimmed, just ahead, by the light of the lantern, the tunnels splits three ways, to the left, right and center.

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”