06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor


Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

User avatar

Posts: 816

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Sun May 18, 2014 4:07 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Urist is looking for some kind of narrow crack he can squeeze into or rough terrain where the bull cannot follow.
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling. 6 footmen, 5 x spear + 1 x torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Mon May 19, 2014 6:41 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

The party breaks off the road following Alrik's lead. The mad rush is on, over hill and around brush.... The "Bull" begins to follow

(DM breaks out the Evasion Rules)

mgt's roll comes to 6 [6 on 1d6]

Panic turns to calm calculations as Urist points to hiding places, barking orders, and slowly the party dwindles down until only Coln, the former trapper, leads the Bull off into the pastures beyond. With some circling back the party eventually regathers having successfully evaded the "Bull"

(Nicely done... That was indeed a Gorgon, you now have a story to tell about the "Gorgon of the Southern Plains").

As the road is discovered you all find Hagwen waiting for you. Onward to Tor-Xonor.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Mon May 19, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Another night is spent sleeping rough, after the scare upon the plains you are careful with your fire and set double watches.... The night passes without encounters and in the morning you all press on, the sky turns gloomy and eventually you can see the Ruin is Tor-Xonor in the distance.

You have made it.... What now?

tor-xonor.jpg
tor-xonor.jpg (128.9 KiB) Viewed 3706 times
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 81

Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:58 pm

Location: Inside your dice bag, stealing your dice

Post Mon May 19, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

mgtremaine wrote:Another night is spent sleeping rough, after the scare upon the plains you are careful with your fire and set double watches.... The night passes without encounters and in the morning you all press on, the sky turns gloomy and eventually you can see the Ruin is Tor-Xonor in the distance.

You have made it.... What now?

tor-xonor.jpg


Coln

"Stormy, black and grim... the perfect hideout for an villain out of a bloody fairy tale..."

To the party: "Think we should circle around and see what's around before marching up to the front door?"
Last edited by CursedDice on Mon May 19, 2014 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me
User avatar

Posts: 1439

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Mon May 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Added: As you should be able to see from the picture there are multiple cave openings in the lower hill, there are the bones of a massive beast, and the ruins of the keep itself is riddled with holes blasted through the rock.

There is much to ponder.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Tue May 20, 2014 1:30 am

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Phadian

<Looks uncertainly at the keep>"Impressive .. Why did we come here again? I figured this was as good a place as any to start looking for Holgar, plus this place is kind of legendary ... in a spooky kind of way. Hagwen you were intent on coming here, might you reveal your purpose so we can help."
User avatar

Posts: 816

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Tue May 20, 2014 2:12 am

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

"I like the look of the tunnel to the left," says Urist. "It bypasses the graveyard, and it leads into solid rock."
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling. 6 footmen, 5 x spear + 1 x torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1585

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Tue May 20, 2014 4:34 am

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer looks on the castle and grounds for a bit, then nods, "I'll trust the dwarf. I'd be willing to try that cave."
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Tue May 20, 2014 2:07 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Phadian

"Aye, I am good with that. Perhaps we can find a spot to tether Mule in those trees near the cave, I think he will not like that cave. <smiles at Shoul> Now time for a bit of adventure, when we get into the cave light up that lantern and you will follow along just behind me. Be sure to keep good light on where we are walking, move quietly, yet surely."
User avatar

Posts: 816

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Tue May 20, 2014 8:54 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Urist keeps a close eye on Squishy, trusting the dog's superior senses to alert the party to danger. If the party consensus is to enter the cave, then Urist will not hesitate to lead the way, using his innate stone-sense to avoid dangers such as pits or cave-ins.
Last edited by mushgnome on Tue May 20, 2014 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[f=4]Boggs Dwarf Rat Catcher 1 (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 7/7, N) padded+helm, cudgel, sling. 6 footmen, 5 x spear + 1 x torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Edge of the Western Sea

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software