06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor


Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Posts: 416

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post Sun May 11, 2014 10:26 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Hagwen

is quiet.

And watchful...
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Mon May 12, 2014 2:38 am

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Phadian

Phadian catches Hagwen's eyes. "Are you OK, you seem not yourself the last few days?
User avatar

Posts: 1564

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Mon May 12, 2014 2:54 am

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer keeps quiet, letting those who have better people skills do the talking.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp ½/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 428

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Tue May 13, 2014 12:53 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Alrik steps forward.

"I am Alrik Moonswell, slayer of the evil Wizard Illmir."

Alrik pauses for effect, then introduces his companions and produces the royal seal.

"We have a Royal Edict to fetch the evil lord Holgar dead or alive, and could use some information and perhaps a place for a quick meal."
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1421

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue May 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

The guards look over the edict and summon a Paige to escort you into the castle proper. You are treated quite well and are given beds in part of a garrison barracks, which although not fancy is certainly functional and clean. You a shown around enough to find you way around and you notice the following things.

The merchants yard where various craftsman show their wares if far more supplied the small market square of Alu on the Downs. Here you see suits of Plate and Mail on display, Two handed swords of high quality and pole arms of a verity of shapes and functions. (In game terms you may buy anything except warhorses here in Baymoor)

There is a chapel of Torgrin here in the keep, those seeking spiritual aid or Divine intervention wait in silence to speak to the priests and lay brothers.

All manner of knights, guards, and armed men room the keep. Where Alu was filled with farmers Baymoor is filled with warriors.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 5/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1421

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sat May 17, 2014 1:36 am

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Not seeking to delay your journey south the party takes the accommodations willingly but sets out again at first light.

The roads south are well maintained for awhile and the group passes many hamlets, the farmlands here are well ordered and bountiful. Your third day on the road passes with out any trouble until you are well away from Baymoor castle and finally call a halt for the night. You are now beyond the farmlands into the unkept lands beyond. The bark of the foxes can be heard as well as the cry of the owls. Here at the edge of civilized lands you all feel a darkening... What lies ahead you can only wonder.

mgt's roll comes to 4 [4 on 1d6]

The night passes quickly and peacefully, you are all ready for the forth day.

The road turns to a wild track several hours on and you sense that common folk do not come this far south. Th journey continues on....

mgt's roll comes to 6 [6 on 1d6]
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 5/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1421

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sat May 17, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

The terrain is somewhat hilly plains. The road is overgrown and pitted with pools of water from a light rain a few days back. The party is strung out making its way as quietly and quickly as possible as there is a air of seriousness about this leg of the journey.

Some dice are thrown for encounter type, surprise and distance...

mgt's roll comes to 9 [9 on 1d20]
mgt's roll comes to 3 [3 on 1d6]
mgt's roll comes to 3 [3 on 1d6]
mgt's roll comes to 5 [5 on 1d6]


Hagwen is leading and she spies a strange sight on the top of a low rise not 50 Yards away. It is an enormous Bull. It paws and the ground throwing up huge tufts of earth and snorts loudly releasing a cloud of vaporous breath. The Bull is a dull steel color and before it are two stone statues of deer, perfectly formed. The Bull catches something on the air and turns towards the party........

What now?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 5/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1564

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Sat May 17, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Rhegaer the Red

"Something tells me we don't want to mess with this thing..." Rhegaer says quietly.

"We should make a hasty retreat."

He slowly backs up, hoping the creature isn't tempted to follow them.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp ½/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Sat May 17, 2014 8:55 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Phadian

Phadian boggles at the sight of the bull and the two deer statues. <Quietly to group> "That can't be good, I suggest we get off the road and see if we can go around that thing."
User avatar

Posts: 428

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Sat May 17, 2014 8:59 pm

Re: 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Alrik looks around for a place that offers the party some concealment, even if on the other side of a neabry hilltop.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Edge of the Western Sea

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software