05 - Return to Alu on the Downs

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by okruse » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:37 am

Re: 05 - Return to Alu on the Downs

04 - Ruins of the Moor (Almost Final)

// -> Urist (separate off 100 gp from other loot, so he can supply himself properly)
100 gp

// Picks
Illmir's Dagger (magical, elven runes on blade "Vengeance", sharp) (-> Hagwen)
Bone Dagger w Silver Filigree (-> Rhegaer)
Fine Silver Dagger (possibly masterwork) (-> Alrik)

// Propose Alrik and Phadian can check out, mage stuff to Alrik, priest stuff to Phadian
1 Book written Draconic "The Evanglations of Ferrin Kep Vol1" (1st level cleric spellbook -> Phadian)
1 Book written in Chosium (the tongue of Chaos) (Mage spell book -> Alrik)
1 Scroll written in Chosium (-> Alrik)
2 scrolls (-> Alrik)

// Useful items for adventuring, should keep in group
A map showing the area from Trinity to Rakland, Rakland is an Island far north of Upper Trinity. [Will post] (-> Suggest having Alrik carry this)
A few crude maps of the area, showing the villages and town of Alu on the Downs and the Kings Keep with notes and tactics for the attack, which failed. (-> Suggest giving this to Bailiff so he can shore up town defenses)
Lantern (-> Mule, to carry as general adventuring supplies)
3 Torches (-> Mule, to carry as general adventuring supplies)
2x Waterskin (-> Mule, to carry as general adventuring supplies)
Small charcoal braziers (-> Mule, to carry as general adventuring supplies)
Coal (-> Mule, to carry as general adventuring supplies)
Ink pots (-> Mule, to carry as general adventuring supplies)
Pieces of paper (-> Mule, to carry as general adventuring supplies)
Bundle of small sticks (5) each tipped with a strangle harden blob of green/blue material (-> Mule, to carry as general adventuring supplies)

// Note them down
Large sealed glass jar containing severed goblin head (-> Coln)
Illmir's severed head (-> Hagwen)
Nice leather boots (-> Coln)
Wolf skin cloak (-> Coln)

// Up for grabs pile sold for 25 sp, tipped nice shopkeeper the 12 cp to convert the moneys to gold for us
// Total is 2665 gp, divided by 5 that works out to 533 gp each.
// Here are the shares (I will take share 5 and lets others dice for share 1 and 2 if they want those):
// 1) Fire Opal Ring + 33 gp
// 2) Gold Nose Ring + 3 x 100 gp gems + 208 gp
// 3) 4 x 100 gp gems + 133 gp
// 4) 4 x 100 gp gems + 133 gp
// 5) 3 x 100 gp gems + 233 gp (-> Phadian)
740 gp
14 x 100 gp gems
Fire opal ring with golden spider leg designs (worth 500 gp)
Gold nose ring from severed goblin head (worth 25 gp)
Last edited by okruse on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post by CursedDice » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:16 pm

Coln

"I'll take those boots and cloak if possible - and has anyone figured out what them weird sticks do?"
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:32 pm

CursedDice wrote:Coln

"I'll take those boots and cloak if possible - and has anyone figured out what them weird sticks do?"
Rhegaer replies, "I think Alrik is the one what figured 'em out..."

http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... &start=127
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by okruse » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:09 pm

Phadian

"Coln, if you can use them, definitely, help yourself."

ooc - Noted in treasure list.

Post by CursedDice » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:15 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
CursedDice wrote:Coln

Rhegaer replies, "I think Alrik is the one what figured 'em out..."

http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... &start=127
OOC: derrrrrrrrrrppppppppp :D
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by mushgnome » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:15 am

Urist has 65gp left after purchasing new armor. What equipment can he purchase to help out the party? What do we need?
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:26 am

Breakfast is eaten, gold is counted, gems are fingered and daggers considered. It is a fine morning to be an Adventurer in the comfort on a friendly Inn. Urist makes his way out to find some armor. The rest of you continue eating until it is time to visit the Sheriff.

You find yourself welcomed into the "Offical House" where there are several rooms for meetings, a strong room for securing wrong doers, and a small armory. Shierff Rol is there as is Bailiff Watner and a Knight in service of the King. Sir Goet was sent to defend the town while the militia was rebuilt.

Bailiff Watner is the first to greet you in his jovial way and introduces you to the Knight. "My goodness my mustache about leaped from my face in joy when I saw your team coming back. It has been a long night waiting to hear your tale." says Watner. "Now tells what of this Evil Wizard and this string up of trouble? What of these goblins of the moor and should we expect more trouble?"

Sir Goet smiles at Watner's questions but he is obviously interested in your story as he sits and folds his hands.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by merias » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:27 pm

"I do not think the goblins will be much trouble anymore, any who remained were given quite a fright." Alrik says, then relays the high points of their adventure, of course mentioning his battle with Illmir.

Alrik continues, "I was able to decipher a note from someone named Holgar to Illmir, this may be of some interest to you and my companions, who have not seen this yet. Clearly Illmir answered to Holgar, though I do not know who or where this Holgar may be. Do you know of him?"

Alrik reads the note:
Illmir,

I can’t imagine why you need such a text but here is a lesser tome of Torgrin’s adherents . I dare not trust you with the second volume least it fall into the wrong hands. Destroy this when you are done with your research.
Now more importantly the signs all point to a season of uncertainty in the sphere of chaos, the course of wisdom is to wait and under no circumstances should you make your presence known.

Holgor
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by doctorx » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:48 pm

Hagwen

"'The course of wisdom is to wait and under no circumstances should you make your presence known.'"

"Didn't listen, did 'ee?"
says Hagwen with an ugly grin; "Told ya 'ee was a berk."

"An' speakin' o' laughin'-boy, 'ere 'ee 'is," she concludes, tumbling Illmir's severed head onto the table.

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Rhegaer the Red

"What is this book he speaks of, Alrik? Do you have that, as well?"

Rhegaer doesn't pay much attention to things like books, so he didn't see what the learned ones were sorting through in the wizard's papers.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”