Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by okruse » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:08 pm

Re: 05 - Return to Alu on the Downs

Phadian

To our group "After breakfast lets go see the Sheriff."

Post by mushgnome » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:05 pm

Urist inquires after someplace he can get a bath and a shave.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:24 pm

The party is made comfortable at the Sign of the Bent Plough, a rambling farmstead turned Inn generations ago. It takes some jostling but with the Bailiff's help you all get rooms and can finally rest safely and comfortably.

PM's went out regarding the texts you carry. You may assume that the night passes without a problem and that you are all now restored to full health. Over breakfast you may discuss what has occurred and what is to come.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by okruse » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Phadian

When Phadian sees the group in the morning he seems quite excited. To group "I can cast spells now. In fact I could cast a spell to Detect Magic on our loot to see if there is anything magical in there. <looks expectantly at group> I could do that right now ... if you want me to ... I want to <seems on the verge of hyperventilating if someone does not answer him>"

Post by merias » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:04 pm

Alrik grins at Phadians enthusiasm.

"Not necessary, my dear Phadian. I have examined the items in question and only Illmir's dagger is magical. There was also his spellbook, and a few wizardly scrolls, all of which will come in quite handy on our next excursion, I am sure."

Alrik will offer the dagger to anyone who wants it.

"I loathe to fight, and am quite happy with the magical writings we found."
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by okruse » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:35 am

Phadian

"Alrik, do you have any way to divine the exact magic that Illmir's Dagger holds? It would be good to know that before someone wields it. I do agree that you should be keeper of Illmir's spellbook and any magic-user scrolls, we could perhaps sell them, but I would vote that they will be more useful on our further adventures to give us advantage against our foes. I would also request that I be allowed to keep the cleric spell book, that will allow me to cast spells in service of our group."

Phadian thinks for a moment and continues.

"I do not favor edged weapons so once its magic is divined I suggest each of the fighters may dice for it if to see who will wield it. Regarding the remaining treasure I suggest that folks call out what they want to support our adventures. The rest we can sell and divide up the proceeds after providing Urist 100 gp to armor himself and outfit himself properly for our ongoing adventures."

Phadian ponders a moment more, seems to be ticking off items in his head.

"I think that is all regarding treasure. The more quickly we can take care of that the quicker we can move onto planning our next adventure."

Post by CursedDice » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Coln

"Yah, what does it do? It might do something that would be better suited for a book.. I mean wizard... to use."
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Rhegaer pulls an additional item out of his pack and sets it before Phadian and Alrek and says, "Maybe one of you can determine if this has some significance? It, too, was found among the goblin things."

He sets before them a bone dagger. The hilt is wrapped with some kind of reptile hide maybe alligator and it has silver filigree over the hide covered hilt. It does not appear to be goblin-make.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by merias » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:09 pm

okruse wrote: "Alrik, do you have any way to divine the exact magic that Illmir's Dagger holds?"
"That may come with more study of the dagger, or we may need to pay a sage for such information, I do not know." Alrik says.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by merias » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:11 pm

ehiker133 wrote:Rhegaer pulls an additional item out of his pack and sets it before Phadian and Alrek and says, "Maybe one of you can determine if this has some significance? It, too, was found among the goblin things."

He sets before them a bone dagger. The hilt is wrapped with some kind of reptile hide maybe alligator and it has silver filigree over the hide covered hilt. It does not appear to be goblin-make.
"I can at least determine if it is magical, leave it with me tonight if you would like me to do so."

Alrik will use detect magic on the dagger at first opportunity.

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”