05 - Return to Alu on the Downs

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:45 pm

Re: 05 - Return to Alu on the Downs

So the next few days unfold as the party does some shopping, hiring and scroll making.

Shopping:
The prices for things can be found here. No Plate Armor, No Warhorses, No Advanced weapons.

http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 901#p13901

Make a note of what you pick up and take off your gold.

Hirelings:
Alrik makes Rik another offer of employment. Rik is torn, on the one hand his debts have been settled, on the other he has never made so much money in his life so quickly. Dare he tempt fate again.

Loyalty Roll... +1 for Chr and +2 for the gold bonus.
mgt's roll comes to 10 [3 4 on 2d6 + 3]

Rik agrees quickly after a few nods from his wife.

Now Phadian sets about looking for a porter/torcher bearer. The Charismatic young Cleric of Torgrin finds several men who seems likely. But will they go to Tor-Xonor that is the question?

Reaction Roll: +1 for Chr
mgt's roll comes to 11 [4 6 on 2d6+1]

A young man named Shoul practically begs to be taken into service by Master Phadian. Shoul seems competent, strong of build, son of local farmer looking to move up in the world. Does Phadian take Shoul into service?

Scroll Making:
Both Alrik and Phadian and are able to make scrolls. Alrik said he was going to it requires 1 Week and 100gp for the first level spell. Because of this the jounrey to Tor-Xonor will not depart until then. So everyone has 1 week to do any other prep they require.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by okruse » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:43 am

Phadian

I will take Shoul into my service.

"Welcome Shoul, your help on my journeys is greatly appreciated. I will provide you 10 gp/month, which you can use for the food and drink you prefer. I will supply funds for outfitting you and housing. Based on how well you do your job I will give you a portion of my share of the loot."

Assuming he is still amenable I will get the following supplies to outfit him:

Backpack
Large Sack x 2
Tinder Box

If OK with the group I will have him carry the lantern and water skin we found in the last dungeon (and some of the other supplies that I bought).

Also I would like to make 1 scroll of Cure Light Wounds and find a Scroll Case to store my scrolls and sheets of paper in (not on price list).

Post by mushgnome » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:23 pm

Urist Stonechapel invests 1gp in a sling so he can support the party with missile fire if necessary. He also purchases a backpack (4gp), hammer (2gp), pair of stakes (1gp), and flask of wine (2gp).

His next stop is the town butcher (every dwarf knows that butchers are the best dog breeders) to buy a dog (25gp) of fearless terrier breed with a temperment suitable for underground exploration. He keeps his new dog on short leash at all times until it learns absolute obedience.

Urist's total purchases are 35gp leaving him with 30gp.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Secret die rolls were made... Loyalty scores were recorded.

Phadian:
Shoul the Torchbearer has 4hp equipped him as you will and put him on your character sheet

Urist:
Dog has 5hp .... You may name the dog for the butcher/breeder just calls them dog and does not get too attached. This dog is the pick of the litter and will cost you an extra 5gp but you call tell that he is exceedingly loyal.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by okruse » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:48 am

Another question from above

Also I would like to make 1 scroll of Cure Light Wounds and find a Scroll Case to store my scrolls and sheets of paper in (not on price list).

Post by mushgnome » Thu May 01, 2014 9:37 pm

mgtremaine wrote:Dog has 5hp .... You may name the dog for the butcher/breeder just calls them dog and does not get too attached. This dog is the pick of the litter and will cost you an extra 5gp but you call tell that he is exceedingly loyal.
5gp extra is a small price to pay for a quality dog. Urist takes one look at the well-fed butcher's dog (I am picturing an English Bulldog type breed) and decides to call him "Squishy." The cainine's keen senses and tenacity will help Urist sleep easier at night.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Sun May 04, 2014 8:48 pm

So the week passes slowly Alrik and Phadian put themselves into their respective arcane and metaphysical studies, pausing only briefly to share a meal or two. Hagwen excuses herself saying she is going to catch up on some needed sleep and relaxation. The other see only a few times during the following days. The other see to business of weapon sharping, armor repair and other necessities. Squishy is introduced to the group and Urist works tirelessly with his new pet.

mgt's roll comes to 9 [6 3 on 2d6]

Aurora and Squishy are friendly from the start which is good sign.

Eventually all is ready and it is time to journey southward to Tor-Xonor. The few maps that you are able to see shows you that your journey will cover 30-40 miles depending on the roads. You'll have to skirt the Shadowmoor on its western side. You also have the choice of making for Baymoor Castle as it lies some 15 miles south-west of Alu on the Downs.

Over to 06 - The Road to Tor-Xonor

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”