05 - Return to Alu on the Downs

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:53 pm

Re: 05 - Return to Alu on the Downs

As the talk continues the daggers are placed on the table.. Tis a fine collection.

Phadian has the first in the treasure bag, a Silver Dagger with a 12inch blade and heavy grip, is fine weapon strong and sharp.

Alrik produces another a Dagger which is has a 14inch blade, the blade it perfect showing no signs of wear at all, keen as the day it was forged. Most interesting are the Elven Runes on the blade. "acharn" or vengeance. Alrik confirms this blade is magic.

Rhegaer produces the last and short blade only 9inches long but made of Bone with quality silver filigree this is clearly not a goblin made weapon.

What to do with these?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by okruse » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:42 am

Phadian

"I have no desire for bladed weapons, so I suggest we determine if the Bone Dagger is magic and then those interested can dice for those. The cleric spell book is only of value to me so I would like that to be my pick. The mage spellbook is of high value to Alrik so I vote that goes to him along with the other mage scrolls. Regarding the other items I suggest folks call out what they think will be of value for our further adventures and then sell the rest. Of the monetary proceeds I suggest 100 gp go to Urist and the remainder divided by 5 amongst the rest of us. What say you all to those ideas?"

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:42 am

okruse wrote:Phadian

"I have no desire for bladed weapons, so I suggest we determine if the Bone Dagger is magic and then those interested can dice for those. The cleric spell book is only of value to me so I would like that to be my pick. The mage spellbook is of high value to Alrik so I vote that goes to him along with the other mage scrolls. Regarding the other items I suggest folks call out what they think will be of value for our further adventures and then sell the rest. Of the monetary proceeds I suggest 100 gp go to Urist and the remainder divided by 5 amongst the rest of us. What say you all to those ideas?"
Rhegaer

"This sounds fine with me." Without asking, he picks the bone dagger back up and slips it into his belt. "Let someone who uses daggers more than me take the Elven blade..."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:46 am

OOC: we should determine value of the ring and earring before agreeing to sell them. Someone in the party might prefer their treasure in items more easily portable than coin and want one or both as their share.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by doctorx » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:54 pm

Hagwen

"I'm up fer the Elf blade if'n nobody else objects," pipes up Hagwen; "A little bit o' an elf-charm on yer iron can go a long way - less'n it's cursed, o' course; then ye'll be in trouble..." ;)

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:38 pm

Urist seems to have a dwarven nose for the value of gems and jewels. After some thought he procliams that the gold erring, which is attached to the goblins head, is a simple heavy gold ring worth no more then 25gp. The Ring from Illmir is of fine quality and would fetch near 500gp.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:22 pm

Once he's had a bath and a shave ("everything but the beard") Urist goes in search of a suit of plate armor to fit his sturdy dwarfish frame.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:47 pm

Urist leaves the Inn and wanders about the small town. Checking the local blacksmith and outfitter he find that Plate Mail/Armor is not something that can be had around here. What he finds is

http://forum.immersiveink.com/viewtopic ... 901#p13901

Urist knows that Plate Mail can be bought in the Kings Keep but apparently out in the less populated areas such armor is not to be found.

Post by merias » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:51 pm

okruse wrote:Phadian

doctorx wrote:Hagwen"I'm up fer the Elf blade if'n nobody else objects," pipes up Hagwen; "A little bit o' an elf-charm on yer iron can go a long way - less'n it's cursed, o' course; then ye'll be in trouble..." ;)
Alrik nods in agreement. He hands the Elvish dagger to Hagwen "This will serve you more then it will me. The silver blade might be more my style, in any case."
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by mushgnome » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Urist will be content with a set of mail armor (better than nothing).
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”