04 - Ruin in the Moor

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

CursedDice wrote:OOC: It's in character. Your sense of direction is slightly suspect to Coln and he does not want to get lost.
| Got it. If you could use quotes or blue text to indicate speaking, it would be helpful. :) |
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:31 pm

CursedDice wrote: Coln

Err... how time-trusted is the method of hugging the left wall? I don't want to get lost...

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer stops, but does not turn around, and says, "If you hug the left wall going in, you just hug the right wall going out and you won't get lost. So we go south."

Then he continues walking.
Last edited by ehiker133 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:40 pm

| Mudmap update... |
  Code:

|                          |
        ____    |__                        |
       |    |   |                          |
       |    S   |                          |
       |        |                          |
       |________|                          |
                                           |     
                                         __|
                                           |
                                           |

S = Stairs

[/ooc]

Post by merias » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:53 pm

ehiker133 wrote: Rhegaer stops, but does not turn around, and says, "If you hug the left wall going in, you just hug the right wall going out and you won't get lost. So we go south."

"There is a flaw in your logic, my dear Rhagaer. Given a choice of directions, you can choose any and still hug the left wall, and you have not told us how you are remembering which choice you made. Perhaps marks on the walls would make more sense. And where is Hagwen? I think we should return to the base of the staircase and wait for her and Rik."
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:43 pm

merias wrote:
ehiker133 wrote: Rhegaer stops, but does not turn around, and says, "If you hug the left wall going in, you just hug the right wall going out and you won't get lost. So we go south."

"There is a flaw in your logic, my dear Rhagaer. Given a choice of directions, you can choose any and still hug the left wall, and you have not told us how you are remembering which choice you made. Perhaps marks on the walls would make more sense. And where is Hagwen? I think we should return to the base of the staircase and wait for her and Rik."

Rhegaer stops, turns to the rest of the group, shrugs, and makes way for someone else to lead.

| FYI, the logic is not flawed. But, regardless, someone else can lead the group. And map. |

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:05 am

OOC: I think that was all just banter not actually questioning the logic. Your map is spot on for what it's worth.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by merias » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:26 am

OOC: Yep, Alrik is just being annoyingly pedantic. Lead on!
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by ehiker133 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:29 am

merias wrote:OOC: Yep, Alrik is just being annoyingly pedantic. Lead on!
| In-character actions/words cause in-character reactions/responses from other PCs, just as they would an NPC. That is role-playing, yes? I wouldn't be doing my character any sort of justice if he didn't respond accordingly. His IC action stands. ;) |

Post by okruse » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:50 am

Phadian

Phadian is taking in all the conversation and seems to have been pondering what he might say

"There are perhaps many ways of going about this. We do not know each other well just yet. I think Rhagaer's approach is good, however it does not assure we are covering all paths. I do agree that we should retrace our steps and collect Hagwen, strength in numbers. Also I believe we left a branch back towards the entrance unexplored and I would not like having something flank us."

Phadian looks at the group expectantly, looking a bit unsure of himself again.

"Ohh, and I think Rhagaer you should still lead."

Seems satisfied now that he has said all that is on his mind. <Smiles>

Post by ehiker133 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer shakes his head once, "No, let Coln and the dog go first. We shall see how good his sense of direction is. I'm more useful in the second rank, anyway," he adds, hefting his spear.

He makes way for Coln and his dog to lead the party. Or waits for the party to turn around to head back to the entrance to pick up the others.

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”