04 - Ruin in the Moor


Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

User avatar

Posts: 1463

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:22 pm

04 - Ruin in the Moor

The reek of small fires reaches you all. You gather in thick stand of Shadow Grass listening and moving slowly forward trying to avoid stumbling into something. Finally there is a break in the grass and a you can see that ahead the grasses clear and there is a small stand of trees, piles of tumbled stone, and several crude huts in front of which several small fires burn.

What now?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

Phadian

Quietly, to the others

"I seem to talk better than I strategize, I will follow your lead <looking at the others>"
User avatar

Posts: 1602

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer takes cover in the tall grasses and monitors the small gathering of huts to see if he can note any kind of activity. He takes count of the number of huts and camp fires, to try and get a better estimate of how many inhabitants there might be.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]

Posts: 416

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:33 pm

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

Hagwen

Hagwen stares at the crude huts and the smoking fires intently...
User avatar

Posts: 1463

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:03 am

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

Rhegaer and Hagwen take the lead on spying out the settlement. They wait motionless for well over 15 minutes marking the comings and goings in the area. What they see is goblins, but not too many. The count is somewhere around 6 moving about. Perhaps a few more might be in the huts uncounted but not many. They obviously dislike the sun since they shade their eyes and mutter, and no more then 3 or 4 are out of the huts at a time.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 442

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:44 pm

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

Alrik

"Shall we go around, or attempt to dispose of these foul creatures? Whatever you decide, my spell book is at your disposal," Alrik whispers.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1602

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer raises an eyebrow at the suggestion of going around the goblin camp. "Around? How are we supposed ta kill 'em if we go around 'em?"

He picks out a likely goblin to target - the largest one he can find - and readies an arrow. Then he waits for the others to prepare for the fight.

"If you can do that thing where you knock a bunch of them out from back here..." he quietly adds.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 442

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:54 am

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

Alrik

Alrik moves to the front of the group and prepares to unleash color spray when he sees at least four of the creatures up and about.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:24 am

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

Phadian

Gets out his sling and loads a stone and waits.

Posts: 416

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:55 pm

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

Hagwen

Hagwen fits an arrow to her bow-string.

She takes another look at the goblin settlement and frowns.

"Keep 'alf 'an eye on yonder hut," she mutters darkly, indicating one particular ramshackle dwelling standing close to a pile of tumbled stones; "Summat I don't like about it - feels wrong."

She eyes potential targets.

"Spell first," she grunts; "No point wastin' arrers on 'em if they're snoozin' - that's wot the Gods gave us daggers for."

And she grins disturbingly...
Next

Return to Edge of the Western Sea

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software