04 - Ruin in the Moor

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

While Hagwen chats with the goblins, Rhegaer spends some time examining the ring. He doesn't know a whole lot about reading magic, so he doesn't even bother with trying to look for writing of any kind.

Instead, he approaches one of the walls of the ruins, slips the ring on his finger, then puts his hands on the wall and tries to climb it without looking for footholds and handholds.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by doctorx » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:21 pm

Hagwen

Hagwen growls at the goblins at some length, waving Illmir's severed head under their noses for added effect.

Once she judges them to look suitably terrified, she pulls the nearest goblin to his feet and cuts his bonds.

"I'm settin' these little sods free," she says to the others; "Send 'em back 'ome wi' the fear o' the Gods into 'em ta spread the word among the friends an' relations about what 'appens if ya come makin' mischief in 'ooman lands - even if'n yer a big scary mage! Should make all the gobbos think twice before pullin' a stunt like this agen, wiv any luck."

She waves her sword at the freed goblin and growls at it again in its own speech.

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:21 pm

The Goblins do indeed flee the area quickly, with looks of terror on their faces. As a group the run southwards and after a few minutes they are gone from sight hidden by the tall grasses of the moor. Though you do see the twitching of the grass in the distance at times....

Coln recovers the Jar. Hagwen stands with Illmir's head in hand.

Meanwhile Rhegaer is attempting to climb a wall.....It doesn't seeming any easier while wearing the ring.

Alrik looks for a nice spot to sit and maybe get some rest, he needs to refresh himself before he can study his spellbook.

Phadian also looks for place to sit, his injuries still hurt, but he lives.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:26 am

Rhegaer spits on the wall ruins and returns to his spot in camp.

He'll sup on some rations and then get some sleep when it starts going dark so he can take his watch in the early hours of the night...
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by okruse » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:51 am

Phadian

I look after "Mule", see that he is alright. As I move about the camp I will look and see if there are any interesting scraps of wood, something that might be interesting to carve when we go back to town.

Post by CursedDice » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Coln

To Rhegaer: "No need to sup on rations - we've got ROAST PIG!!!" He then promptly pulls out the poor roast pig and rips a large leg of it, grinning the whole time.

To Hagwen: "Huh, it was their shaman, eh? I kinda like this jar even better now that I know that!"
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by mgtremaine » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:40 pm

Sometime passes and the sun finally goes down... The warriors divide up watches based on injury, Coln, Hagwen, then the last watch falls to Rhegar. Alrik and Phadian camp down for a full nights rest. Not daring to sleep in the goblins huts you all do your best to find some place comfortable.

mgt's roll comes to 1 [1 on 1d6]

The night ticks through the hours and you all awake with the sunrise. All the wounded get +1hp back. Alrik is able to memorize a spell.

What now?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:46 pm

Rhegaer the Red

"Time to head back down and see what we've missed so far," Rhegaer says, breaking his fast on more of the roast pig.

Post by merias » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:48 am

Alrik wakes refreshed and commits color spray to memory, then eats and examines Illmir's scrolls in more detail.

"Agreed, let's head back down into the dungeon. I'm anxious to find the wizard's spell books!"

OOC: Not sure if he'll need read magic to determine what spells are on the scrolls?
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by okruse » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:21 am

Phadian

"It seems we should complete what we started. I can carry the lantern again."

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”