04 - Ruin in the Moor

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by mushgnome » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:03 pm

Re: 04 - Ruin in the Moor

"Ahhh, that feels good! Urist Stonechapel's the name. Here's your secret door, as promised."

Urist tugs on the lucky manacle (hopefully) opening the door.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:25 pm

Rhegaer nods in gratitude.

"Thanks, Urist. I'm Rhegaer. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your wizard friend is dead..."

Once the secret door opens, Rhegaer moves into the room and quickly scans it for any signs of danger. If he sees none, then he will take a closer look at the room's contents...
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by okruse » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:26 am

Phadian

Looks relieved that the dwarf is OK. To Urist "I am Phadian, at your service. How did you come to be captured in these dark depths?"

Post by mushgnome » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:03 pm

"That's a long story I'd love to tell you over a pint some time. The short version is I'm very, very far from home!" says Urist. "Say, you haven't seen a warhammer and shield lying around, or a sack full of dwarf-rations? Maybe in those barrels over there?"
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by CursedDice » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:07 am

Coln

Coln begins to dutifully look around in the barrels. "I'll find your stuff - no fighter should feel comfortable without his weapons!"

OOC: Sorry I haven't posted in a while :oops: Welcome mushgnome!
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by okruse » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:09 am

Phadian

Seems to be considering in his head, halfway mumbling to himself "An enemy of my enemy must be my friend."
Nods, seeming to have decided something. "Haven't seen those things yet, but lets start by having a look in these barrels."

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:18 am

The Dwarf seems to recover from his trauma with miraculous fortitude. At once he fiddles with a set of chains nearer to the door and there is an audible pop as the door releases. One push and it pivots to reveal a large room beyond. The room runs 50feet north and 70feet east from the corner you are all standing at. The room is comfortable but hardly elegant. The crude furniture is solid but was not made by any great craftsman. There is a sleeping area with a screen, there is a large desk like table and chair, there area a few standing shelves, some with food stuffs the other with books and papers. There is a foot locker near the desk.

Meanwhile Phadian looks in the barrels and finds water, smells clean must be rain water collect from above and stored.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by merias » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:24 am

"This must be Illmir's chambers!" Alrik says excitedly. He immediately sets about looking near the desk and shelves, then examines but does open the footlocker.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by okruse » Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:42 am

Phadian

Laughs and picks up the lantern and staff. "Excellent, lets see what we can find that will pay for this little expedition."
Uses the lantern to help illuminate the areas being searched.

Post by mushgnome » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:30 pm

Urist plunges his head into a barrel of rain water, washing the dust and caked blood from his face and beard. He stands up and rubs his wrists to get the feeling back after being manacled. Approvingly, he watches this party of strangers spring into life like a well-oiled mechanism. Maybe if I play my cards right, they'll let me tag along with them. Hope I don't bring them bad luck like I did with the last party! he thinks to himself.

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”