03 - To the Shadowmoor


Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

User avatar

Posts: 1383

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:28 am

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Phadian was the first to break the silence and as the party starting debating what should be done the Vroat suddenly leaped. In a single moment it's leap carried the strange creature 40feet almost within striking range of you and it's intent is clear.

Init Vroat:
eAsp:roll 1d6
mgt's roll comes to 5 [5 on 1d6]

Init Party:
eAsp:roll 1d6
mgt's roll comes to 1 [1 on 1d6]

The Vroat has the initiative but many of you had missiles ready so they are let loose hastily trying to bring the beast down.

Rhegear
eAsp:roll 1d20 + 3
mgt's roll comes to 17 [14 on 1d20 + 3]

Coln
eAsp:roll 1d20 +3
mgt's roll comes to 18 [15 on 1d20 +3]

Phadian
eAsp:roll 1d20 +2
mgt's roll comes to 11 [9 on 1d20 +2]

Hagwen
eAsp:roll 1d20 +3
mgt's roll comes to 18 [15 on 1d20 +3]

3 hits, 1 miss
eAsp:roll 3d6
mgt's roll comes to 7 [1 1 5 on 3d6] 7 points of damage, Coln and Rhegear both shot a little off center and grazed the Vroat but Hagwen 's shot was true.

Before you can do much else the Vroat is in biting range

Round 2 intent........
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 5/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1517

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:05 am

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer drops his bow, shoulders his shield, and readies to attack with his axe.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+main gauche
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:52 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Phadian

I drop my sling and switch to staff, backing a bit away from those ever so big jaws.

"Well struck my friends, let us finish this foul beastie."
User avatar

Posts: 414

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Alrik

Seeing no choice in the matter, Alrik wields his dagger against the creature.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear, hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 81

Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:58 pm

Location: Inside your dice bag, stealing your dice

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Coln

Draws his sword, which is an odd wavy-looking blade.

"Rather not fight on the same range as it, but oh well..."
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Posts: 416

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Hagwen

"Whoopsie! That'll do it! Supper it is..."

Hagwen switches to sword and shield, manoeuvring with surprising agility to try and flank the horrid beast...
User avatar

Posts: 1383

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:39 am

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Swords and Axes are drawn as the group moves to defend itself from the Vroat, even Alrik draws his dagger and stands ready to fight, or run.

Vroat has initative. -- rhegear, coln, phadian, hagwen
eAsp:roll 1d4
mgt's roll comes to 3 [3 on 1d4]

The Vroat is upon the group and drives at Phadian it's massive jaws open.

eAsp:roll 1d20
mgt's roll comes to 13 [13 on 1d20] - Hits
eAsp:roll 1d6
mgt's roll comes to 4 [4 on 1d6]

Phadian does his best to keep the thing at bay smacking at it's head with his staff, still the teeth find flesh and the Cleric is bleeding heavily.
eAsp:roll 1d20
mgt's roll comes to 9 [9 on 1d20] - Miss

The Fighters come crashing around the beast stabbing and hacking trying to tear it off the Cleric.
Rhegear:
eAsp:roll 1d20
mgt's roll comes to 13 [13 on 1d20] - hit
Coln:
eAsp:roll 1d20
mgt's roll comes to 15 [15 on 1d20] - hit
Hagwen:
eAsp:roll 1d20
mgt's roll comes to 6 [6 on 1d20] - miss

Damage:
eAsp:roll 1d6 +1
mgt's roll comes to 6 [5 on 1d6 +1]
eAsp:roll 1d6
mgt's roll comes to 6 [6 on 1d6]

Rhegear and Coln both are able to strike true and huge cuts suddenly appear along the things back... It thrashes around wildly for several moments before it finally crashes into a heap, Phadian pushes the things jaws away from himself.

Welcome to Shadowmoor. :)
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 5/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 416

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Hagwen

"HAH! That'll teach ya, ya nasty not-so-wee lizard...frog...thing!"

She sniffs at it and makes a face.

"Uuurrkk!! Aw'right; mebbe I'll skip supper..."

She then waddles across to the wounded Phadian, (plucking her arrow out of the monster's corpse if it is in any way salvageable).

"Ah, quit whimperin', ye great sanctified babby! Ye ain't etten yet! 'Old still an' let me patch ye up some..."

She sets about binding Phadian's wound as best she may...
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:50 am

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Phadian

"Heh! First blood. Did not expect it to be mine."

Phadian observes how Hagwen is binding his wounds. Phadian provides a bit of advice here and there, especially to use a bit of salve from his pack, "So the wound does not bitter." Also suggests using some of the clean cloth from his kit.

"Thank you. You have a deft touch."
User avatar

Posts: 1517

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:42 am

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Rhegaer the Red

Knowing the bullfrog's propensity for swallowing things whole, Rhegaer used his sword to slice the beast's belly open to see if its stomach contains anything of value. He, to, will attempt to retrieve his arrow, if possible.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+main gauche
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Edge of the Western Sea

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software