03 - To the Shadowmoor


Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

User avatar

Posts: 1422

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:07 am

03 - To the Shadowmoor

There is agreement, the group of strangers has been brought together by an unforeseen battle and has been forged into a small adventuring band. The journey to the Shadowmoor and the discovery of Illmir the Mage and his plots are foremost in all your minds. You have some small amount of money and time to prepare. So what now.

The town Alu on the Downs goes about it's business of healing to wounds caused by the battle. The invaders are burned, the fallen are memorialized, and the captives are imprisoned for now. The healers tend to the wounded, and messages are sent to Baymoor Castle.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1422

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Gear Questions:

Phadian is able to buy a fresh Healer's Kit from those enclave at Olt's tower
  Code:
Healer's kit   10 gp   1 lb.        [20 Uses]


Rhegaer is able to find a small selection of Shortbow for sale in the Town.
  Code:
Shortbow                 25 gp    5 lb    50ft   100ft   150ft   150yd
Arrows, 20                5 gp    5 lb
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Phadian

Before we depart I am going to buy:

Mule 20 gp
Saddle bags x2 8 gp
100 ft rope 2 gp
Rations (7 days) 7 gp

I shall name my mule ... "Mule" easier to remember that way.
User avatar

Posts: 81

Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:58 pm

Location: Inside your dice bag, stealing your dice

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:39 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Coln

okruse wrote:Phadian

I shall name my mule ... "Mule" easier to remember that way.


"Not very unique of a name, is it?"

Anyways, Coln would buy the following:

Helmet
Bolts, case of 30
Garlic, string ("Can't ever be too careful when dealing with evil mage")
Large sack
If Phadian is willing to let Mule carry it, a 10ft Pole ("Good for licking for traps, but it ain't something I can carry in a backpack")
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me
User avatar

Posts: 1422

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

okruse wrote:Phadian

Before we depart I am going to buy:

Mule 20 gp
Saddle bags x2 8 gp
100 ft rope 2 gp
Rations (7 days) 7 gp

I shall name my mule ... "Mule" easier to remember that way.


You find a decent looking Mule, strong and healthy.... *secret loyalty roll noted.

Mule the Mule: HD 2+1 Hp: 9
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Phadian

"Certainly, I don't plan on riding Mule, so he can easily carry a bit more stuff. Perhaps he will also help carry all the riches we will find on Illmir."

Winks and smiles.
User avatar

Posts: 1422

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:15 am

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

The party prepares in it's various ways and gets a good night sleep. In the morning it is time to set out. The northern edge Shadowmoor is a little over 15 miles away in a straight line, it will take you a full days march to reach that edge. So you double check all your supplies, load Mule with various extra items and begin on you journey.

Several towns folk see you off, give you well wishes and of course plenty of advise. "And remember kick the goblins in the rump! That's learn'em". The day is overcast, the well worn path turns spindly after a few miles, it meanders and is crisscrossed with other paths, but you know the direction and the general paths you should use so you trudge south.

eAsp:roll 1d6
mgt's roll comes to 5 [5 on 1d6]

By noon you stop and take well earned rest. You've covered half the distance already.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1422

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:47 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

After the noonday rest you all pack up and head onward. The land is still sloping gently southward and ahead you can the downs end and the vast level wet-grass lands that is the moor begin. You can make out stands of trees, dark shrubs, open pools and small creeks as you get closer. Even in late afternoon there are swirling eddies of mist and a darkness implied by the heavy and thick vegetation.

An hour before sundown you arrive at the edge of the Shadowmoor here and there you see game trails leading into the interior.

The question is is what do you do now?

eAsp:roll 1d6
mgt's roll comes to 6 [6 on 1d6]
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 428

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:33 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Alrik

"Night is upon us, perhaps it is a good idea to make camp and explore further in the light of day?"
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1565

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: 03 - To the Shadowmoor

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer nods, "That sounds like a good plan. No need to bump around in the dark..."

He begins helping set up camp, assuming the others are all in agreement.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp ½/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
Next

Return to Edge of the Western Sea

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software