02 - Battle on the Downs


Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

User avatar

Posts: 81

Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:58 pm

Location: Inside your dice bag, stealing your dice

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:27 am

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Coln

I'll move up a little farther from where Hagwen went. "We don't want to have too many people in one spot."
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me
User avatar

Posts: 1501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:59 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

  Code:
..............##....^............##.....
..............##...|~|...........##.....
.............a##H..|~|..................
..............C.../.~.\.................
.................|..~..|......P.........
.........##......|..~..|......RA........
.........##......|..~..|......##........
.................|..~..|......##........
......##........./..~..\................
......##........|...~...|...........##..
................|...~...|...........##..
................|...~...|...............
................|...~...|...............
................/...~...\...............
_____/\________/....~B...\_____.........
....................~..B.......\________
....................~BB.................
....................~BB.................
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~B~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
.....................BB.B...............


The party spreads out quickly finding cover near the houses yet still able to peer down into the ravine. It doesn't take long before the first of the marauders comes into view making their way along the bottom of the ravine. As Hagwen sensed they are not Goblins but look to be Humans, ragtag and dis-organized, they must be outlaws or Bandits come to steal what they can.

Tell me your actions!
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 336

Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:04 am

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Phadian

I will stay in cover and hidden (and very quiet) till they are closer. I will move a bit to keep the house between me and the marauders as they come up. I am interested to see the result of this "Color Spray" that Alrik speaks of. I will have my sling out and stone placed in it ready to use. I am wanting them to get much closer before starting anything.
User avatar

Posts: 501

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:46 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Alrik

Alrik will wait until the last man is inside the culvert, then he will spring out from behind the house and begin casting his Color Spray.

"Turn back, intruders!" Alrik yells as he does so.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1646

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer waits until the magician waves his hands to see what the effects of it are. After that, he will begin slinging stones at bandits who do not appear to be affected by whatever it is Alrik is going to do.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1501

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

  Code:
..............##....^............##.....
..............##...|~|...........##.....
.............a##...|~|..................
................../.~.\.................
................H|..~..|......P.........
.........##....C.|..~..|.....R..........
.........##......|..~..|...A..##........
.................|..~..|......##........
......##........./..~..\................
......##........|...~...|...........##..
................|...~u..|...........##..
................|...~..u|...............
................|...~uu.|...............
................/...~uux\...............
_____/\________/....~....\_____.........
....................~xB........\________
....................~B..................
....................~...................
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
........................................


Round 1:

Surprise Check:
eAsp:roll 1d6
mgt's roll comes to 2 [2 on 1d6] Bandits Not Surprised

Alrik has first action and leaps out from behind the house and shouts "Turn back, intruders." Then his hands weave and his voice speaks words of power. A cloud sparkling motes shoot down the slope into the Bandits.

eAsp:roll 1d6
mgt's roll comes to 6 [6 on 1d6] - The first 6 bandits drop to the ground.

Hagwen and Coln then both take a shot into the Bandits from the other side. Having the only weapons with enough range.
eAsp:roll 2d20
mgt's roll comes to 22 [12 10 on 2d20] - +1 for Medium Range and Coln +1 Dex Both Hit
eAsp:roll 2d6
mgt's roll comes to 11 [5 6 on 2d6] -> Each shot kills it's target in fine display of marksmanship.

Morale Check:
eAsp:roll 2d6
mgt's roll comes to 8 [5 3 on 2d6] [8 Back off or Hold]

The 2 remain bandits suddenly jump back and hesitate looking at their fallen comrades. -- u are the unconscious Bandits, x are dead.

OOC: Yikes that was quite a round for the party. Here I thought it would be tough.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 501

Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:22 pm

Location: Southern Quebec

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Alrik

Alrik puffs out his chest and yells "Tell your masters this is what happens when mindless rabble like yourselves try to attack Alu on the Downs!"

He'll then slowly move back behind Rhegaer, drawing a dagger as he moves.
[f=4]Orim the Dwarf Fighter (M 9" AC 6/6 HD 1+2 hp 7/7 FC Man+1) leather+helm, spear+hand axe[/f]
[f=32]Aldbane the Cleric (M 6" AC 2/3 HD 2 hp 9/9) plate+shield+helm, war hammer, sling[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1646

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Rhegaer the Red

If the remaining bandits don't appear to have any ranged weapons, Rhegaer steps out from behind the house and stows his sling whilst drawing his axe from his belt. He braces his shield as he purposefully walks towards the two remaining bandits, intent on making them "no remaining bandits"...
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 81

Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:58 pm

Location: Inside your dice bag, stealing your dice

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Coln

TAKE THAT, YA BLOODY WUSSES!
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Posts: 416

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Hagwen

Assuming she still has a clear shot, Hagwen, moving with a grace and fluidity of which you would have scarcely thought her capable, fits another arrow to her bow and lets fly at one of the still-standing brigands.
PreviousNext

Return to Edge of the Western Sea

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software