02 - Battle on the Downs

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by mgtremaine » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:03 pm

02 - Battle on the Downs

Map of Alu on the Downs

Along Rowberry way just on the edge of the map a large group of small figures can be seen heading towards the town, behind them rides a single figure on some sort of dog or wolf, and behind him comes a smaller group lagging behind. At the rate they are going it will be 15 minutes or so before they make it to the town square where the group stands.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by okruse » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:19 pm

Re: 02 - Battle on the Downs

Phadian

I look for some nicely sized stones to use as ammo for my sling and put them in my pockets. I will see if I can find 10 such stones in a few minutes and put them in my pockets so they are handy. I look for a location with some cover and a bit of elevation near where the lines are being drawn. I definitely want to keep the militia and watchmen between me and the oncoming goblins, others are better at melee combat than I.

Post by doctorx » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:34 pm

Hagwen

The stocky, dark-haired young woman with the plain, weathered features sees Rhegaer watching her, makes a sour face at him, then stomps off in the direction of the Sheriff and his rapidly-gathering excuse for an army.

"I bloody hate goblins, me," she remarks to no-one in particular, spits noisily into the road, then casually selects an arrow from the quiver hanging at her side and sets it to the string of the unlovely but very capable-looking bow she carries, all the while keeping her intense green eyes locked on the approaching enemy...

Post by ehiker133 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:49 pm

Rhegaer the Red

Gathering a few stones, himself, Rhegaer moves to stand near the scary-looking woman in armour. For some reason, he thinks she might be good in a shieldwall.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by merias » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Alrik

Alrik will prepare his Color Spray. When the the lead group of goblins are within 100 feet or so, he'll move to a vantage where no one is in front of him, and cast the spell.

OOC: If this is possible - if there will be friendly mercenaries in front of Alrik, he won't cast but wil opt to hang back and wait for an opening.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:41 pm

Quick Overview
As we head into the first combat I thought it would be worth outlining the process so that you make informed choices.

Surprise: Range 1-6"
Intentions: Declare before any rolls
Initiative: d6 per group. Indivduals gain bonus for high dex.
Range: Reach and Missile Weapons. Hurled Weapons always considered Medium Range. Outdoors Missile can use Long/Max Range at -1 to hit
Melee: All with 1" at any point during the round resolve rolls. Movement + Melee is ok.
Morale Check: If losses heavy check Morale

##############

The goblin force is charging up the road, the minutes tick by and more of the Milita is showing. The spearmen have lined up 10 across, the shieldwall is 5 across in front of them. 3 Archers with Shortbows stand ready and the 5 watchmen with their clubs and bucklers and daggers at the waist. Look towards the Bailiff nervously.

All the while Sherif Rol is watching intently, then he speaks. "Not good, see that far group has cut off into the hedges and fields. Their going to try and sneak up through the creek we need men on the south side"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:55 pm

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer nods slowly as he spots the small off-shoot group. He looks around and, seeing nobody else step up to help, says, "Anyone what wants to help fend off the sneaks, come with me."

He moves towards the south to intercept the sneaking goblins. He doesn't look back, but quietly hopes at least a few others join him...
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by doctorx » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:07 pm

ehiker133 wrote:Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer nods slowly as he spots the small off-shoot group. He looks around and, seeing nobody else step up to help, says, "Anyone what wants to help fend off the sneaks, come with me."

He moves towards the south to intercept the sneaking goblins. He doesn't look back, but quietly hopes at least a few others join him...
Hagwen

"Don't mind," grunts the woman, falling into step beside Rhegaer.

She throws a green-eyed glare in the direction of Alrik.

"Oi! Wizard-boy or whatever you think you are! Come an' put yer spell-chuckin' where it'll do some good! Stir yer stumps - gobbos ain't gonna wait for ya!"

Post by merias » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:26 pm

Alrik

Alrik looks at Hagwen curiously as he tries to process what she said.

"Yes, it would seem that is the best place for me to cast my spell, there are too many guards in front of us here," Alrik says as he falls in place behind Rhegaer and Hagwen.

"Remember to stay behind me when I begin the enchantment, lest you find yourself incapacitated."
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer looks at the caster quizzically and asks, "Lest we find ourselves where? Ca-PASS-itated? I'm not familiar with this place... Is it in the mountains?"

Rhegaer makes sure to stay two, no, five feet behind Alrik while he prepares a stone in his sling.

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”