01 - Market Day

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by CursedDice » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:01 pm

Re: 01 - Market Day

Coln

To Alrik:

Speak straight, bookworm. If you think we ALL have a "common goal", tell us what it is! Is there adventure involved? Because I'm always ready for adventure!
"Role, not roll. People who can't accept that in D&D prove that, irl, they can't accept actually THINKING their way to a reward - they want everything to be fast and perfect. That's why real men play OD&D :p" -Me

Post by okruse » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:17 am

Phadian

Motions to the three to follow

"it is just down the street here, good ale, good grub, and nice looking scenery"

Flashes a smile, turns and leads the group across the market to a small tavern, opening the door

"Pile on in, we will be wanting to sit at that table in the corner, Alanah is the server there"

Walks over and motions for everyone to sit down.

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:57 pm

As the crowds gather the stalls selling food start to open. The four strangers soon find themselves sitting on barrels waiting for various bits of roast lamb and stewed goat. Teas, ale, corn cakes, crisped asparagus, tender lettuces and other faire is available and for the price of a few silver coins the four would be adventurers, and the dog aurora, as soon eating and talking. The day has a special feel to it, as if anything could happen.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:20 pm

Part way through your meal a Storyteller sets up near by and proceed to tell the long tale of the Fall of Tor Xonor, the heroic death of Prince Sangorn and the building of Castle Vengeance. The storyteller is masterful and has the crowd wide eyed as if witnessing the battle first hand. By the time he has finished you can see many a young farmer ready to run off to join the Army and fight Dragons in far off lands.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:23 pm

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer listens to the storyteller intently, hardly moving as the tale of dragons and dwarves unfolds. After it is over, he approaches the storyteller. Standing in front of the man, Rhegaer pulls out his axe. He lays it down in front of the man and asks, "Have you ever seen such design as this before?"
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by okruse » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:35 am

Phadian

"This is turning out to be a thoroughly fascinating day"

Phadian listens intently to the exchange between Rhegaer and the storyteller.

Post by merias » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Alrik

His curiosity piqued, Alrik gets up and examines Rhegaer's axe.

"Fascinating...I have knowledge of many and even ancient languages, but I've not seen any runes such as these before". Alrik eyes the Storyteller expectantly.
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:46 pm

The storyteller looks at the runes...
eAsp:roll 1d6
mgt's roll comes to 3 [3 on 1d6]

"Nay, friend I know nothing of these runes, tis a good axe I hope you are able to use to write your own name into legends."

Alrik peers over Rhegear shoulder.

eAsp:roll 1d6
mgt's roll comes to 6 [6 on 1d6]

You hear him say "hmmmm"

Post by merias » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Alrik

Alrik peers more closely at the axe.

"Very high quality this is, the axe appears to be of Dwarven make, but my knowledge of their ancient runes is limited. Rhegear, if I had access to a library I could tell you more".
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by okruse » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:01 am

Phadian

"I would propose we travel together to learn the secrets of Rhegear's axe. It seems a worthy task to me. Let me say a bit about myself that you can decide if I would be a worthy companion in your travels. I grew up outside of Quayside a bit northwest of here on my parents farm. My father <appears sad> met an untimely death in the Forest of Ull just as I was turning of age. I was distraught beyond imagining, but my mother brought me here to Alu on the Downs for healing. I entered the service of the Landras the head healer in this town. From Landras I have learned of healing; and faith in the great Torgrin to provide order and peace in my life. Lately I have grown restless, I wish to see more of the world, and to vanquish the chaos that brought the death of my father."

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”