01 - Market Day

Mgtremaine's World of Tybor PBP

Moderator: mgtremaine

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:17 am

01 - Market Day

Market Day on the Downs: 24th Day of the Alder, 11,014YW

The Mid-spring morning creeps across the fields and the people of Alu on the Downs begin their chores. The local farmers head out to their plots, the shepherds can be seen moving the flocks out of the dells and up the hills to graze. It’s a Market Day and soon those who can afford stalls are setting up while folks from the outer villages and thorps start to trickle in to town. The sleepy town starts to bustle as the carts and wagons arrive in a cloud of dust. The Watch is about to make sure everything stays peaceful. Bailiff Watner with his jolly laugh can be heard and seen making his rounds and Sheriff Rol takes his traditional seat at the end of the market and enjoys an early morning spruce ale.

So “you” find yourself wandering the stalls and taking a look about. Before long you notice several other folks, of similar quality and baring, all of whom exchange respectable nods. The lean trapper with his dog, the Axe carrying warrior, the Mail clad staff bearer, and the Robed man with the golden pipe. There is a moment of silence as you find yourselves in close proximity wonder who will break the silence first.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by okruse » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:54 am

Re: 01 - Market Day

I ponder what the day will bring. I flash a grin at the lean trapper, "Greetings, nice dog!" I pause a moment to see if there is a response before moving on.

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:17 am

Rhegaer the Red

Rhegaer looks around with a slight look of confusion on his face, until he realizes the man isn't calling HIM a dog.

Then he spots the dog in question and grunts in agreement, "Yah, it does look tasty..."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by okruse » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:27 am

Phadian

Flashes another smile, eying the axe, and taking a deep breath

...and greetings to you fine sir. I don't recognize you from these parts, I am Phadian, and you are?

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:51 am

Rhegaer the Red

"Rhegaer. Not from around here... You?"
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by okruse » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:04 am

Phadian

" I have lived here for many years, worked with the healers in town."

Stops for a moment, seems to be considering what to say next

"Today I have decided that my path lies ... elsewhere"

Frowns and looks expectantly at Rhaeger

Post by merias » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:13 am

Alrik

Alrik listens to the awkward conversation, slowly puffing on his pipe. "Gentlemen," Alrik interrupts. "Alrik Moonswell. I arrived this morning from Port Sorbil. We seem to be alike in standing out here, and I sense a common goal among us".

Alrik places his hand on his stomach. "Phadian, perhaps you know of a place we can procure a decent meal? I would happily trade my coin for a full stomach and some conversation. I am interested in learning more of these parts."
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Rhegaer the Red

The same confused look once again on his face, Rhegaer turns to the pipe-smoking Alrik and says, "Common goal?" He pinches his eyes into a squint as he stares at the cloaked man. "How... how do you know my goal?"

He seems genuinely curious, as if Alrik has read his mind or something.

Post by okruse » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:01 pm

Phadian

To Rhegear -

"Yes, it is quite amazing that we should have a common goal and that he knows it, it is worth talking ... especially if there is a free meal involved"

Turns to Alric and winks conspiratorially -

"Yes, we can procure a nice meal up the street on the other side of the market, I would be glad to talk of 'common goals'"

Looking towards the trapper with the dog -

"I feel that you may be interested in this conversation my silent friend, perhaps you will join us, if for no other reason to listen"

Post by merias » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:49 pm

Alrik

"A mind reader, sadly no," Alrik chuckles. "Only that I noticed we were all wandering the market yet seemed more interested in where we might be going next. Do lead the way, Phadian."
Aldbane the Cleric (Level 5 MV 6" AC 2/3 HD 4 HP 18) plate +1, shield+2, helm, silvered war hammer, sling, staff of healing

Return to “Edge of the Western Sea”