General Chat

Whole of project topics (across booklets, versions, contributors, etc.)

Post by RunningLaser » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Re: General Chat

waysoftheearth wrote:
RunningLaser wrote:I got my copies this past Friday and have the fraction symbol issues as well. Contacted Lulu (form on site and sent a picture of the error) and they are sending out two new copies:)
That's great news RunningLaser!

I am very eager to hear confirmation that the broken one-halfs are fixed from someone who gets a replacement copy from Lulu. (I can't confirm myself because copies printed in my region were not broken to start with).

Also, did Lulu ship the replacements at their expense or did you have to pay for shipping?

It would be great if you could post a link to the form you had to submit on Lulu--might be useful to others affected by the broken one-half printing.
Sure thing:) Here's a link to the Lulu page:http://www.lulu.com/shop/email-us.ep?L1 ... mo2ppp3ddo

If the link doesn't work, go to Lulu's home page and click on the "Help" link on the top right side of the page. Next click on "My Orders" and select "I purchased a book or calendar". That will open a drop menu- then select "Defective, damaged, or incorrect order". It will then proceed to tell you about the picture requirements. To finish, click on the "I still need help" button and that's where you enter in all your order info and attach the picture.

They will want an image of the defect. If you have more than one book, take pictures of both ( I opened both of mine to the same page and took one picture.).
'
As far as shipping- they paid for the shipping. Not sure what shipping method they used, but it's showing as Ground $10, which was more than I paid for mail shipping the first time around. Looks like they upgraded that. All and all, very easy process- and now I have two extra copies to boot, so I am very happy:)

Post by RunningLaser » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Just reread my lulu order and they are sending the reprints out Fedex:)

Post by RunningLaser » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:25 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
RunningLaser wrote:I got my copies this past Friday and have the fraction symbol issues as well. Contacted Lulu (form on site and sent a picture of the error) and they are sending out two new copies:)
That's great news RunningLaser!

I am very eager to hear confirmation that the broken one-halfs are fixed from someone who gets a replacement copy from Lulu. (I can't confirm myself because copies printed in my region were not broken to start with).

Also, did Lulu ship the replacements at their expense or did you have to pay for shipping?

It would be great if you could post a link to the form you had to submit on Lulu--might be useful to others affected by the broken one-half printing.
Update- Fedex just delivered the two new copies of DD. The half fraction symbol issue is fixed- but on other fractions it is still present.

Post by Gallowglacht » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:48 am

Where is the best place to ask questions in this forum? Should I start a new topic for my questions in the general forum?

Are helmets included for me to house-rule or adjudicate on the fly?
Would it be a better idea to steal the +/- 1 damage for large small weapons from Swords and Wizardry, differentiate weapons on the fly (eg, weapons with reach hit first first round, maces get a bonus to hit vs skeletons, daggers get a minus versus guys with sword and shield) or leave at flat d6?
What published TSR or OSR adventures make a good basis for a first adventure?

I haven't actually played OD&D, all my experience is BECMI and 1e/2e onwards...

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:34 am

RunningLaser wrote:Update- Fedex just delivered the two new copies of DD. The half fraction symbol issue is fixed- but on other fractions it is still present.
Seriously? Great news on the one-half fractions, but genuine frustration that there are other faults! What other fractions exist in the book (I honestly can't remember any)?

edit: skimming through the book I spotted two other fraction glyphs, both in table 2.23 on page 74 (both are printed correctly in my copy of course, but then my copy was printed in Australia). Are there any others?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:43 am

Gallowglacht wrote:Where is the best place to ask questions in this forum? Should I start a new topic for my questions in the general forum?
It depends what the subject topic of the thread is. But if, for example, you had a bunch of questions about handling combat (like those below) then you could create a new thread over in the Delving & Exploration sub-forum--generally keeping question about DD rules to the sub-forum dedicated to the volume/section of DD the rules in question occur in :)
Gallowglacht wrote: Are helmets included for me to house-rule or adjudicate on the fly?
Would it be a better idea to steal the +/- 1 damage for large small weapons from Swords and Wizardry, differentiate weapons on the fly (eg, weapons with reach hit first first round, maces get a bonus to hit vs skeletons, daggers get a minus versus guys with sword and shield) or leave at flat d6?
What published TSR or OSR adventures make a good basis for a first adventure?

I haven't actually played OD&D, all my experience is BECMI and 1e/2e onwards...
I've copied these questions into a new thread here.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by RunningLaser » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:51 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
RunningLaser wrote:Update- Fedex just delivered the two new copies of DD. The half fraction symbol issue is fixed- but on other fractions it is still present.
Seriously? Great news on the one-half fractions, but genuine frustration that there are other faults! What other fractions exist in the book (I honestly can't remember any)?

edit: skimming through the book I spotted two other fraction glyphs, both in table 2.23 on page 74 (both are printed correctly in my copy of course, but then my copy was printed in Australia). Are there any others?
That would be the page, 74. Image

I put in another message to Lulu and waiting for them to get back to me on it.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Thanks for the picture RunningLaser.

I've contacted Lulu also, and they are looking into it...

Post by soner du » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:42 pm

I write articles on the French online RPG Encyclopedia http://legrog.org/

The Compendium is now described, hopefully it will be reviewed in a few days : http://www.legrog.org/jeux/delving-deep ... revisee-en

I've also written an article about Blackmarsh (waiting for approval)...

Post by sully » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:40 pm

Simon, congrats on a great review over at rpg.net.

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/16/16564.phtml
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Return to “The Delving Deeper Project”